Kobe Japanese Steak House review request

samepoohdifferentday

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me about this restaurant. Would it be okay for a family with young kids? (7 and 4), I see there are a few in the area. Any idea which one is good? Any other info?

We love Kobe!! We've been to the one on Palm Pky twice and I assume the others in the area are similar. The chefs put on quite a show while cooking food at your table (using knives, making an onion volcano, flipping shrimp tails into their pockets, etc.). It's very entertaining and we like the food.

The first time we went, my kids were 8, 10 and 14, so a bit older than yours are. The 2 youngest had just finished an in-depth study of Japan at school so wanted to try this. DH was nervous that the menu would only be in Japanese, but of course it wasn't! Basically you only need to choose your meat - chicken, steak, shrimp, scallops, etc. and other than that everyone gets the same food. You may be seated with another family, but it's really fun.

If your children are picky eaters you may run into problems, but the rice and noodles are good and most kids will eat those things. Look for coupons in some of the Orlando guides - there's also an Early Bird special.

Give it a try - it's lots of fun!

Hello,

We've eaten at two of the Kobe's in Orlando, and enjoyed them both. Their menus and prices are online, I believe it's kobesteakhouse.com . The first time, we ate at one near Universal, the second ( this past December ) was the one on 535, a short drive after turning left at Hotel Plaza Blvd and 535. It's in a shopping center on the right hand side going north on 535. It's much more reasonably priced than Teppenyaki at Epcot, and the food and service were very good. Just a note, we always upgrade the steak to filet mignon, finding that for only a couple of dollars more, it's a big upgrade in quality.

Any questions, feel free to send a message.

Hope that helps,

Take care,

Bill ( 14 days till we're at BWV!!!)

Ohh That place sounds so great. My kids are 8 and 5 and I was really thinking about taking them there this fall. I was worried it would not be kid friendly. I am going ot check out the website.

MajorWoody said:
It's much more reasonably priced than Teppenyaki at Epcot

How do you come to this conclusion?

I looked at both menus and the prices are pretty close. We have eaten at Teppenyaki and really enjoyed it.

Hello,

In regards to the price difference between the two, you get more included with your dinner at Kobe. They used to include the salad with dinner at Teppenyaki, now it costs an additional $3 and change extra. So, that makes the chicken at Kobe $16, while the same dish with salad at Teppanyaki is now $21. For filet mignon, which is what we usually get, it's 30$ w/o salad at Teppanyaki, $33 with salad, and $21 at Kobe with salad. If you do a combo at Teppenyaki, the prices go up even more. I'm not sure if Teppenyaki also made the soup a separate item, I can't recall for sure. Until late 2004, early 2005, Teppenyaki was a good deal, but they jacked up the prices, and removed some items from what was included in the dinner. They also used to sell carafes of house wine that were very reasonable for Epcot, at about $20 for a full carafe. They no longer sell those, and you pay upwards of $30 for a bottle of their cheapest wines. They also don't honor DDE, which is a big factor for us. They are one of the few restaurants in World Showcase that don't honor that discount.

Still, Teppenyaki is a fun place, and you can't beat the location. But our last dinner at Kobe (Dec 2005) was in the $75 range with a bottle of wine, for two. Our last dinner at Teppenyaki ( May 2005) was over $100 for two, with one glass of wine. Plus, you can get discount coupons for Kobe from some of the tourist mags, although we didn't the last trip.

Hope that helps.

Take care,

Bill

Hey MajorWoody,

Thanks for the breakdown of the two places. I didn't know all that. Kobe sounds like a better deal, I think we might check it out! :thumbsup2

I'd love to be able to give the one in pal Parkway a good review, but i was so jet lagged when we ate there that i was falling asleep at the table :crazy:

This is our favorite restaurant in Orlando and we never miss it. Our kids love to go there and we took a little girl (our friends daughter) with us last time and she enjoyed every second. Now it's her favorite restaurant.

My family used to be HUGE Teppanyaki fans until they changed the menus to not include salad etc. I'm not exaggerating...we'd go there 2 or 3 times a trip.

We have been to Kobe and liked it but I have to highly recommend Benihana's over Kobe. Benihana's is located in the Hilton on Hotel Plaza Boulevard. Very kid friendly. We now go there 2X a trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter