Knoebels!

klo1335

DIS Veteran
Anyone else ever gone? From my place it is about a 2h drive. But from my in-laws in the Pocono's it is only 45 min. I was shocked when my FIL suggested we go tomorrow while we are at their place for the weekend. I am excited because my youngest DD will be tall enough to ride the Phoenix. :yay: Anyone else have any Knoebels memories?

I live about 35-40m from there, we go a few times a year. The food is amazing. <3 You'll love it. Small, clean, fun, family park. You'll have a great time. My youngest son has been riding the Phoenix since he was 4.. He's a tall kid! lol

We don't really go anymore because it is just a tad too small for my DS9. He likes the big rides and can get through them in half a day at Knoebels and then gets bored. Its about 1 hour 45 minutes for us so if we go I like making it a full day. It was great when he was smaller though and still did a lot of the smaller rides mixed in with the bigger ones. And the food is good.

Now we have season passes to Hershey, which is about 1 hour from us. Fits us much better given the interests of my kids. But I would like to get up to Knoebels sometime to try the Flying Turns. I just HATE that drive though.

Haven't been there in a few years, but I agree that it's pretty fun for what it is. As someone said, the food is amazing.

We want to try Flying Turns. My kids were still too small to ride it when we went last in 2012. We like it cause we can buy tickets instead of a one price admission. We also like to sit down restaurant there. They have the best Chicken and Waffles :)

I haven't been in about 6 years, but I love Knoebels!!! Great food for an amusement park, free parking, and CHEAP!! prices for the rides. The first time we were there we bought the day pass, and based on the individual ride prices, we barely got out money's worth. The day pass didn't include the haunted house or the sky-ride up the mountain. I like how you can still buy tickets for as few or as many individual rides as you like.

Flying Turns wasn't open the last time I was there. I heard it FINALLY opened. And I think they bought an old childhood favorite of mine: the Golden Nugget Mine Train from Hunt's Pier on the Wildwood, NJ Boardwalk. Love the Phoenix and the recreated version of Mister Twister. Plus several old-fashioned rides that are hard to find anymore.

This thread makes me want to visit again this summer!!! Maybe right after Labor Day.

Twister:
knoebels_twister_2583_72dpi.jpg

We were just there last month. Love it. Love that it has rides you don't see anywhere else. Flying Turns was completely different. Love the train ride into the middle of the forest. Love the Black Diamond and the Haunted Mansion. Love their log flume and my kids are still laughing about what sitting in the front row for Skloosh did to us. Best of all, we had company tickets so we spent $48 for the 4 of us (which included lunch) instead of the $250 it would've been at Great Adventure.

Remember if your local Wed and Fri nights are cheap nights... 10$ handstamps for over 48" I think under 48" is 8$? I love it there..

Hi Helene :wave2: I knew you'd be here!

DS10 and I just went again a couple of weeks ago while we were nearby for his dentist appointment. We love Flying Turns, but it is very popular and slow loading so we plan on an hour (hope for less but it's also got small cars) just for that ride, but it's definitely a must do for us every time. The food has won numerous Golden Ticket awards over the years and even my super picky eating self can find lots to eat there, along with caramel corn, roasted peanuts, and popcorn to bring home.

I'm curious where in the Poconos your in-law's live that it's only 45 min? Remember the park doesn't open until 11 am so there is time to sleep in a bit so you're ready to hit the park.

As far as memories, I've gone every year since I was born because I grew up 40 minutes away and my grandparents only live 10 minutes away, and then I worked there during the summers of my college years. DS has been going since he was 6 months old so we have lots of great memories!

Unfortunately I only have bad memories. I know it's a park everyone loves. For me I never need to go back.

This is my type of park. I do wish that such places were closer to us.

Have fun!

I'm curious where in the Poconos your in-law's live that it's only 45 min?

Actually I was corrected last night and told that it is a little over an hour. They live right off of 903 in Jim Thorpe. With the new Easy Pass exit on the turnpike, my FIL says it is quicker then before. I just follow him when we drive there.

Beginning in 2007, we rented a cottage there every Labor Day weekend. They sold in 2014. >:( We didn't get to go last year.

We were thinking of renting a full-service cabin in their campground this year, but decided not to. They boys want more thrill to their rides.
We will always have the best memories from Knoebels!!!

I always get a kick out of the fact that the same people, work the same things year after year. The lady at the tic-tac-toe game always remembers my boys!

We love it.

*No parking fee
*lots of old fashioned rides including the best bumper cars in the world, and a great Carousel with Brass rings.
*No admission charge, so my kids pay per each ride (50c to about 3 bucks each) and I can watch for free, and only pay for the few rides I go on.
*Decent food, (but not great, I think the food is over-rated).
*Nice cheap pool.
*Campground attached to the park.
*Dog Friendly Park, lost of dogs walking around.
*Dole Pineapple frozen treat (Dolewhip folks!)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter