knock off crocs???

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by gibsontrio, Feb 19, 2008.

1. gibsontrio

gibsontrio DIS Veteran

are they as good as the real ones?? I honestly think they are ugly as sin , although I wear my uggs religously in the winter and they are far from flattering ( and nothing compares to real ones) So I'm wondering should I buy my family real crocs or are the knock off ones ok ??

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm DIS Veteran

The ones from target gave my horrible blisters! So they were promptly tossed. I currently own 4 pairs of real crocs (cayman, winter cayman? (no holes) an mary-jane) and I am eying all the new styles!

4. spicemom

spicemom Mouseketeer

I'm not much of a croc fan either but my 2.5 yr old liked the look of these last spring and would always check these out in the stores. I found some no name ones in a small size so I got her a pair. Well, she had 3 blisters on her feet after a day wearing them. I bought her the real thing when I came across the pink cotton candy crocs (could not resist) and she wore them all summer without a problem. I will buy her "the real thing" again this year.

5. LAH LAH

LAH LAH 1244.22 Miles from the Magic

The knock-offs are not worth the savings. Crocs really are the only way to go...

6. Omma

Omma Mouseketeer

Same experience here...the "fake" crocs gave the kiddos blisters and rubbed them raw in places. I buy the real ones a tiny bit big so they can wear them longer. :)

7. gibsontrio

gibsontrio DIS Veteran

thanks for the tips! i'll definilty save my money buying the real crocs rather than the knock offs. Anyone know any good online deals?

8. Disneyaunt4

Disneyaunt4 <font color=red>I wonder what they put in that wax

I have both Crocs and Payless Airwalks, and truth be told I find the Airwalks more comfortable.

9. gibsontrio

gibsontrio DIS Veteran

are the airwalks like crocs??

10. racheljessicasara

racheljessicasara Wanna go back!!!

11. Lorikr65

Lorikr65 Lorikr65

I agree - I have Crocs and Airwalks from payless and the Airwalks are more comfortable. Wore them for 8 days in the World with no blisters or pain.

12. Melissa_E

Melissa_E Friends don't let friends try the beverly!

I agree. If I was going to buy a knock off croc, I'd buy the airwalks over the ones from Target or Walmart. Although, I'd love to try the ones from Lands End.

13. boppy

boppy Mouseketeer

My DD6 loves her crocs. I have bought her the cheapo ones from k-mart as well as the full price name brand ones. She got horrible blisters from her sneakers when we were at EPCOT, so I bought her a pair of the pink Mickey crocs ($35!!)

Anyway, last week I was at Macy's. They had select colors of real crocs marked down, and plus I had the coupon from the paper. They cost only $3.71 a pair! Can you believe it? I got her 4 pair. Including a light pink Mickey pair. They are too big, but her feet will grow. I just couldn't believe my luck. I got her a really pretty shade of purple. I am going to put them in her Easter basket.

14. racheljessicasara

racheljessicasara Wanna go back!!!

Ohhhhh...off to Macy's tomorrow!!!!

15. NEVERENOUGHWDW

NEVERENOUGHWDW <font color=blue>Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Unde

Check Surf & Dirt

16. Disneyaunt4

Disneyaunt4 <font color=red>I wonder what they put in that wax

Yes but they probably don't have as many colors. I just ordered 2 pairs last night at Payless for $25.48. Gotta love buy one get one half price ;)

17. SoonipiLady

SoonipiLady DIS Veteran

of airwalks.....both are super comfy!!

18. tzolkin

tzolkin DIS Veteran

my kids have used the airwalks from payless as their general shoes all summer for the past two years. they love them, think they are extremely comfy, and would wear them year round if they could. i cannot see where the crocs are any better. the airwalks may even be a little lighter. they don't have a huge variety, but they do have some character ones from time to time. my DD has hello kitty ones and i've seen shrek and a few others.

the cheap ones from walmart seem like they would be really uncomfortable. they seem more plastic-y-- if that makes any sense.

19. SoonipiLady

SoonipiLady DIS Veteran

Just got 4 pairs of airwalks for $14.50 at payless. Two adult, two child pair. All were on clearence, and they were bogo 1/2 price. :thumbsup2

20. ang

ang "My life, my love, my children"

My bought my crocs...then my DH came home with a pair of nock offs...He was saying how much he paid for his..well, He made me buy him the real crocs. ..believe me, their not the same!

21. QJ411

QJ411 O'hana means family...

That is one AMAZING sale! I thought I did pretty well w/ coupon codes and sign up offers at Shoebuy.com (I ended up paying $15.00 per pair) but you beat me by a mile! That's awesome!

I agree, I checked out some of the knock offs and I just couldn't do it. For the few extra bucks, I didn't want to chance blistering DD's (2 y.o.) feet. She LOVES hers and we ended up buying a few different styles and colors. Some of their styles are as ugly as they used to be, their new mary janes are pretty cute.