Knitting Needles

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by CoolestNerdEver, Mar 28, 2013.

1. CoolestNerdEver

CoolestNerdEver Earning My Ears

Hi everyone :) We're going on a Western Carbbean on the Fantasy May 11, and it'll be the first cruise we've gone on since I learned to knit. I was just wondering if knitting needles are allowed on the ships?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ddeal1957

ddeal1957 Mouseketeer

You will have no problems with taking knitting needles on the plane. Just don't bring your scissors in you carryover bag. Pack them! I've taken my knitting along with me for many years now. :)

4. ddeal1957

ddeal1957 Mouseketeer

Forgot to add knitting needles are allowed on the ships too:)

5. dbarker

dbarker DIS Veteran

Sweeeeet. I'm just beginning to learn to knit. That will definitely help pass the time on the plane.

I'm worse than the kids when it comes to travel. I'm impatient and want to be there already. That is why we fly (3 hours) instead of drive (2 days). :rotfl2::rotfl2:

6. DreamingofCastles

DreamingofCastles Earning My Ears

I recommend using circular needles as there's less chance you'll drop stitches in your travels. Invest in some point protectors too!

7. wendyoconnor

wendyoconnor DIS Veteran

Yes you can and I second using the circular needles instead of straights, you won't bump your neighbor with them or risk loosing a needle. I have a knitting project that I took to Castaway Cay and worked on while sitting on the beach. It's one of my favorite activities to do on a cruise, sit on a deck chair, knit and watch the ocean go by.

8. ddeal1957

ddeal1957 Mouseketeer

I love to knit when on vacation too! Just be prepared to answer many questions as to "what are you doing? how do you do that? what are you making? why are you doing that when you can be playing in the water....".

Enjoy your trip!

:beach:

9. CanuckTraveller

CanuckTraveller Mouseketeer

If you bring your knitting to the beach, consider placing it in a plastic bag, otherwise you will be washing sand out of the final product ;)

10. CoolestNerdEver

CoolestNerdEver Earning My Ears

Thanks a bunch, everyone! I'm very much looking forward to knitting on the cruise :)

11. ddeal1957

ddeal1957 Mouseketeer

Your post reminded me that I need to decide what project to take along on our upcoming cruise!!! :thumbsup2 should I work on socks or a scarf??? decisions... decisions.... decisions....:confused3