Knights and Lights questions...

figmentfan2009

Mouseketeer
Okay... we are just over 2 weeks out from our adventure... and I am looking for information.

How much walking is there in the tour proper? I know we will add a LOT during our pre and post days and during our time on our own... but how much is there during the organized tours. DD is working on get a sore knee back in line and I need to find out what she needs to take with her...

Also... for anyone who has done DLP as post days, is there a way to buy the dining package for the days you are there or does that have to be bought through the rooms if you were to book on your own?

Practically... can you see most of the two parks in the day and a half (give or take... what time do they get you there if you book through ABD) you are there?

Thanks for any advice...
:surfweb:

or... if no one can tell me these...

are there prepaid cell phones you can buy in the UK and/or France so my daughter can text her boyfriend? I know her and how they text... trying to limit her to fifty text messages would be ridiculous... and I would end up with hundreds of dollars in cell charges on her phone alone...

Hi figment! I can answer some of your questions. The tour requires a good amount of walking. The first day, we walked a good part of St James Park to Buckingham Palace to watch the Changing of the Guards. We were fortunate we had great weather during the tour, it was hot! There is one morning where you will walk from St Paul's cathedral, cross the Millenium Bridge and walk along the north bank of the Thames up to the Tower of London. On your own, you can get away with cabs and the subway if you wish. Be ready for rain though!

For DLP, we left our hotel around 9 am and we reached the Disney hotel in about an hour. Check in was a breeze and our room was ready then. We stayed for 2-1/2days and I thought that was plenty. Lining up for rides take the most time (as usual), sometimes up to an hour and a half!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter