Kitchen Table Help

MinnieLove

Mouseketeer
We are in process of updating kitchen with a modern look. Porcelain Tile, Granite countertops, tile backsplash...

We have a farmhouse table that is 14 yrs old originally purchased at Kmart! Need a new table with 6 chairs and 3 barstools.

Where did you / would you purchase a new table and barstools? Has anyone purchased anything online? I am not usually a furniture shopper.

Live in Northern Ohio. Ideas please

We redid our kitchen almost 2 years ago, need a new table and 4 bar stools. We were lucky enough to find both on craigslist. The stools were 149 each at the furniture store, I paid 100 for all four. I did have to wait about one month before finding the table and 6 chairs, which match the stools!!! Paid 200 for the set :cool1:

I bought my kitchen table (hi-top) and dining room table and buffet from JCPenney online. Reasonable prices and descent enough build. I think we did have to assemble the chairs but worth it for what we paid.

Enjoy your new kitchen!

I second Ikea... they have awesome stuff for a modern house!:thumbsup2 check them out online... they ship too if you don't have one close!:cool1:

We got our set from World Market. It is rubberwood which is harvested after it falls so no trees were taken down in order to make the table. It is a nice dark, rich color and we love it. We've had it for 3 years now and are very happy.

Been looking on craigs.. will continue
Ikea...kinda far but considering taking the drive
JCP.. going to site now.

Thanks for replies!

We got our set from World Market. It is rubberwood which is harvested after it falls so no trees were taken down in order to make the table. It is a nice dark, rich color and we love it. We've had it for 3 years now and are very happy.

We bought three bar stools from World Market and they are not holding up. I have three boys, they see some use, but not as much as I had thought they would see. They are leaning sideways now. These are dark stained wood with rush seats. They were one of the few places I found that sold rush seats. I think I paid about $120 for the three.

Our kitchen table we bought from Heilig Meyers (?) They are out of business now, no surprise there.

Our dining room set we bought from Dewey Furniture in Vermilion. Quality furniture, you will pay for it though.

I'm not sure how far you are from the Amish country area of Ohio but they can build anything. We just brought pictures of stuff we liked and they can design something for you.

It may be more expensive but the quality is out of this world. We had our table, 8 chairs and 2 bar stools custom made with hickory wood. We love them and they are indestructable.

We bought three bar stools from World Market and they are not holding up. I have three boys, they see some use, but not as much as I had thought they would see. They are leaning sideways now. These are dark stained wood with rush seats. They were one of the few places I found that sold rush seats. I think I paid about $120 for the three.

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think I could shake our chairs to make them move. They are super sturdy. The legs are very thick and sturdy, which is one reason we got the set, as well as looks.

This! You live in Ohio? Go to Holmes county and take your pick of quality stuff and really great prices. Our favorite is Schlabach furniture. It will last forever.

The only thing to watch is that some places don't take credit cards (but many do...you have to ask) since they can't run the credit card machines on kerosene! We did run into this issue a few years ago and paid by check---but I'm betting most places have worked out a system by now.

Usually you put down a modest deposit and then pay in full at pick-up/delivery.

I'm not sure how far you are from the Amish country area of Ohio but they can build anything. We just brought pictures of stuff we liked and they can design something for you.

It may be more expensive but the quality is out of this world. We had our table, 8 chairs and 2 bar stools custom made with hickory wood. We love them and they are indestructable.

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think I could shake our chairs to make them move. They are super sturdy. The legs are very thick and sturdy, which is one reason we got the set, as well as looks.

They looked sturdy. They are bar stools though, I'm guessing it is because of the way people sit on a stool. As they are leaning, I'm seeing that screws are used sparingly and a lot of it is glue. It was an impulse buy, my mother in law knew I was looking for that type and saw those in the store. Told me and when we went home, I bought them. Quite honestly, I shouldn't expect a lot for $40 a stool, especially everything I was finding online were in the $100 range. I just wanted to get something for the boys to use for a snack/breakfast at the island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter