Kindle or any E Reader

I really like reading on my nook or ipad-mini but I honestly still love to read a real book....

How are you doing Jason? Feeling good, all is well?

since you made the switch have you ever went back and read a "book" , not me, its weird but if I cant get it on a Kindle I wont read it, even if its free

Also, I still don't know where my kindle is - haven't started looking for it either...

Since my Nook (and then Kindle) I only read paper books if I have to, like when I have to read something for work not available in digital format. I do most of my reading at night in bed and I prefer not to wear my glasses. With an e-reader I can make the print large enough not to need them.

Yes absolutely. I prefer books to the kindle.

Also, books appear to work better after being dropped in the bath :rotfl2:

Same here, I gave ebooks my very best effort, but failed to fall in love with them. It will be a sad day for me if brick and mortar bookstores ever disappear. On our vacation this summer I had my husband drive half an hour out of the area where we were staying just to go to a family owned bookstore I'd heard about

Same here, I gave ebooks my very best effort, but failed to fall in love with them. It will be a sad day for me if brick and mortar bookstores ever disappear. On our vacation this summer I had my husband drive half an hour out of the area where we were staying just to go to a family owned bookstore I'd heard about

I tend to use the kindle on planes, or away for a length of time.

Well, let's see, the kindle reader is on the floor dead. On top of it is a stack of about 8 books. I can't break myself of the habit. I just like physical books better. I like the pages and holding the book in my hands and turning the page. I like the way they smell.

I'm ritualistic like that. I'm an exsmoker. I used to really like opening the package and patting it down and lighting the cigarette and flicking the ash...I think I liked that more than the nicotine. I would hate ecigarettes. So glad I quit before those things were invented.

I tend to use the kindle on planes, or away for a length of time.

Yes, it's nice to have a book on my ipad at all times for when I'm waiting for the kids in carpool line (motor off) or at their activities. Although I have to admit it takes me twice as long to read the electronic version of any books, because again, I prefer the real thing.

As long as I'm warming to the subject, here's another thing I really hate about ebooks. The price never seems to drop below $10, at least for anything I want to read. I get so much joy out of finding an awesome book for $1 at a garage sale, or $5 in the bookstore bargain section. Now I can still find them in the bargain section if I can actually find a real bookstore, but I barely ever see books at garage sales anymore.

Also gone are the days of treasuring a signed book by your favorite author. I guess everyone is minimalist nowadays and doesn't want any "stuff". Generally I can get behind getting rid of excess "stuff" but books don't fall into that category for me.

Well, let's see, the kindle reader is on the floor dead. On top of it is a stack of about 8 books. I can't break myself of the habit. I just like physical books better. I like the pages and holding the book in my hands and turning the page. I like the way they smell.

I'm ritualistic like that. I'm an exsmoker. I used to really like opening the package and patting it down and lighting the cigarette and flicking the ash...I think I liked that more than the nicotine. I would hate ecigarettes. So glad I quit before those things were invented.

Yes! I like the smell of books too.

I've never smoked, but I can relate your cigarette story to how I feel about coffee. I could give up the caffeine and the taste, but I love the ritual of it, smelling the coffee brewing, and having that quiet break time drinking it.

Yes! I like the smell of books too.

I've never smoked, but I can relate your cigarette story to how I feel about coffee. I could give up the caffeine and the taste, but I love the ritual of it, smelling the coffee brewing, and having that quiet break time drinking it.

Book smell is awesome. So is opening a new book for the very first time.

I like the convenience of my Kindle, being able to get a book anytime, anywhere and the ability to sync my phone to what I'm reading if I find myself unexpectedly stuck somewhere. For quite sometime I'd still buy magazines and manual type books (like books on photography or decorating) because Kindles aren't in color but I've come around to those on my iPad. Being able to put everything on one device when I'll be sitting somewhere for hours on end is worth it for me rather than having to pack my "go bag" piled with books and mags that probably weighted 10lbs. That said, I miss loitering in a book store and getting a feel for a book. I don't find the Kindle Store intuitive or near as appealing as thumbing through an endless supply of books.

I like the convenience of my Kindle, being able to get a book anytime, anywhere and the ability to sync my phone to what I'm reading if I find myself unexpectedly stuck somewhere. For quite sometime I'd still buy magazines and manual type books (like books on photography or decorating) because Kindles aren't in color but I've come around to those on my iPad. Being able to put everything on one device when I'll be sitting somewhere for hours on end is worth it for me rather than having to pack my "go bag" piled with books and mags that probably weighted 10lbs. That said, I miss loitering in a book store and getting a feel for a book. I don't find the Kindle Store intuitive or near as appealing as thumbing through an endless supply of books.

Before I was connected to the NBN I had to put my kindle on the roof of my patio in order to get a signal to download. It may be why I'm not fond of using it very much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter