Kilimanjaro Safari line first thing in the morning.

Amyg

DIS Veteran
For those who have gone to Kilimanjaro Safari as soon as the park opens, how long is the actual line wait time?

Well last summer if you walked right to it, it was about a 5 minute wait- more like a walk through. Now with EE I bet it will be even shorter.

I did this 2 times and walked on both times with no wait. (Never had to stop walking) I agree with the EE comment too.

In addition to no line --- it is the best time to see the animals. We have heard the lion growl, we have seen him "mark/spray" the tree...

AFter the ride - you should do the walk through Pungami (sp?) trail. They let out the gorilla family right about the time you'd be getting off the ride and there on the trail.... its very cool.

We did AK today hit the safari around 10am after getting EE fast passes. Wait and that time was less than 30 minutes, and we saw lots of animals.

Did the safari again about 15 minutes until 7 and also saw a lot of activity, but by different animals. The lion came out and did a total "Pride Rock" moment where he posed for our vehicle. I'm not convinced he's not animatronic. :teeth:

GetGlowing said:
The lion came out and did a total "Pride Rock" moment where he posed for our vehicle. I'm not convinced he's not animatronic. :teeth:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Go right there & before you get in line, get some Fastpasses.

This is what we do. Then, when we get off the ride, we're able to get right back on again with our Fastpasses.

We went during Spring Break and went right to the Safari and walked right on. We FastPassed EE! Have a great trip!

When we have done it, we were able to walk right on. Then we went on it again with about a 5 minute wait.

We got to AK at opening and got a FP for EE, but went on EE with a 5 minute wait before using FP. We went to the Safari, had a 20 minute wait, that's what was posted and that's what it was, then went back to EE within the alloted FP time. We were leaving AK before 11, having done what we wanted to do there for the day!

We did walk to Kali, but decided that we didn't want to get drenched.

Bobbi :goodvibes

if I am there when the park opens, then i usually run over there and thus the line is maybe 4-5 minutes :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter