Kids' Vegetarian Option at Cinderella's Royal Table

ssdeverell

DIS Veteran
I cannot find any information that confirms they have a vegetarian option for children. Has anyone been able to get one? I want to take my daughter but I am not paying that much for there to be nothing she can eat.

i haven't been there since going vegan but never had any problem eating at any TS, I did add it to all my ADRs along with a few allergies in my family

When we ate there for lunch they had a cheese pizza. A very small cheese pizza. DS was on the brink of being a Disney "adult" in terms of kid pricing, and we had to feed him after we left. Very small.

I don't know the options at CRT, but I've read that if you have a dietary preference of requirement you can often speak to the Chef and an 'off the menu' item can be made, so that might be an option for your daughter?

They had a cheese pizza? Im surprised. When we ate there a couple years ago there was nothing on the menu my son would eat other than cheese and grapes from the appetizer. I expected this and was fine with it, but was never offered an alternative of something "off menu" like cheese pizza which he would have eaten. And the waitress seemed upset/bothered by the fact we weren't ordering an entree for him and paying for something so I'm surprised there was an alternative. I was there for dinner though.

My son has autism and a VERY limited diet, and sometimes we go places we know he won't have meal options because we don't want to cheat our daughter out of experiencing things. Now I'm annoyed they didn't suggest an alternative LOL

They had a cheese pizza? Im surprised. When we ate there a couple years ago there was nothing on the menu my son would eat other than cheese and grapes from the appetizer. I expected this and was fine with it, but was never offered an alternative of something "off menu" like cheese pizza which he would have eaten. And the waitress seemed upset/bothered by the fact we weren't ordering an entree for him and paying for something so I'm surprised there was an alternative. I was there for dinner though.

My son has autism and a VERY limited diet, and sometimes we go places we know he won't have meal options because we don't want to cheat our daughter out of experiencing things. Now I'm annoyed they didn't suggest an alternative LOL
Seeing he's on a limited diet you should contact special diets, they'll be able to make sure he has decent meals.

The cheese pizza was very much on the menu. The omni option was some sort of chicken thing that seemed to be a really decent serving size.

It was during the time that the adult veg entree was gnocchi and veggies. DS is 11 now. This was either 2 or 3 years ago.

CRT is a prepaid, everyone pays, place, so I don't know how you didn't pay for him, harrow.

Teensy cheese pizza. I apparently took no pictures of the kid's menu and didn't keep it, either. But it seems they still have the gnocchi (which was new when we ate there), so despite a huge lack of good info online for the kid's menu, this is what DS had in late 2013. Bonus "my kid is not impressed" face.

IMG_8178_zps25aefa15.jpg

The cheese pizza was very much on the menu. The omni option was some sort of chicken thing that seemed to be a really decent serving size.

It was during the time that the adult veg entree was gnocchi and veggies. DS is 11 now. This was either 2 or 3 years ago.

CRT is a prepaid, everyone pays, place, so I don't know how you didn't pay for him, harrow.

I did not say I did not pay. I said he didn't eat a meal. I most certainly did pay. Probably $50 for him to eat grapes and cheese LOL. And that is why I said the waitress was bothered we didn't order a meal for him, because she knew we were paying a ridiculous amount for him to eat nothing. But as I said we wanted my daughter to have the experience, and it was important to her that her whole family be there, so we sucked it up to make it special for our daughter.

Pizza was definitely not on the actual dinner menu on the date we ate there, and it was not mentioned to us by the waitress as an alternative when we indicated that he wouldn't be able to eat anything off the actual menu. I'm not upset, more surprised that there was an alternative.

We were staying offsite, and even if I make arrangements ahead of time, there is no guarantee they could find something he would eat as his diet is very limited.

I did not say I did not pay. I said he didn't eat a meal. I most certainly did pay. Probably $50 for him to eat grapes and cheese LOL. And that is why I said the waitress was bothered we didn't order a meal for him, because she knew we were paying a ridiculous amount for him to eat nothing. But as I said we wanted my daughter to have the experience, and it was important to her that her whole family be there, so we sucked it up to make it special for our daughter.

Pizza was definitely not on the actual dinner menu on the date we ate there, and it was not mentioned to us by the waitress as an alternative when we indicated that he wouldn't be able to eat anything off the actual menu. I'm not upset, more surprised that there was an alternative.

We were staying offsite, and even if I make arrangements ahead of time, there is no guarantee they could find something he would eat as his diet is very limited.

I think bumbershoot may have been a little confused at your earlier wording. I was unsure as well.

"And the waitress seemed upset/bothered by the fact we weren't ordering an entree for him and paying for something so I'm surprised there was an alternative."

Could be read as the waitress being upset that you weren't ordering and weren't paying for something for him. In other words, "taking up space" or "lowering the final bill and which means a smaller tip."

The way you explained it in this most recent post makes it clearer though.

"And the waitress seemed upset/bothered by the fact we weren't ordering an entree for him and paying for something so I'm surprised there was an alternative."

ahh.....should have said

And the waitress seemed upset/bothered by the fact we weren't ordering an entree for him even though we were paying for something so I'm surprised there was an alternative

Kids vegetarian options are lacking everywhere at Disney IMO. Its pretty frustrating actually. Its fine if you are visiting a day or a couple days but a whole week of mac n cheese, cheese pizza, and the occasional pasta marina is not good. :/ I sometimes order an adult veg entree for my kid but then have to be careful about spices, etc. and ask for modifications sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter