Kids stay and play free- what did I get with this promo?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by M&E, May 1, 2011.

1. M&E

M&E Mouseketeer

I booked a while ago under the kids stay and play free promotion. What exactly did I get with this? My room rate I'm assuming didn't change. Did I get free park tickets for my kids? Are they just basic tickets or do they have extras such as water parks or park hopping? I'm pretty sure I still had to pay for their dining plan. Any ideas?
    Thanks.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. 3Minnies1Mickey

3Minnies1Mickey <font color=magenta>Just wanted to add, this is no

Your kids tickets were free.

4. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

How do you book something and not know what you are getting? :confused3
    You got the kids, base tickets, free. The promotion did nothing to improve your room rate, and yes you paid for the Dining Plan.

5. MsPeggySue911

MsPeggySue911 DIS Veteran

If you get a percent off PIN or free dining I would take one of those discounts over kids stay and play free. Kids tickets aren't that much compared to free dining or a 30% off your room PIN.

6. M&E

M&E Mouseketeer

Yes, I know it's kind of bad that I didn't know what exact discount I was getting. I got a quote from dreams unlimited and I thought the total amount sounded good. They didn't break it down for me as to what I was paying for each part.

I guess what I'm wondering now is is it just a base ticket? I didn't add the water parks option to any of our tickets. If I add that now would it be free to add to the kid's tickets since we're staying during the kids stay and play free promotion? I'm thinking probably not, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

7. chocovrdmicears

Yes - It is just the base ticket that you get for free with that promotion - You will have to pay the additional cost to add the Water Park option (or any other options like Park Hopper) to that ticket. :)

8. mjohnson96

mjohnson96 DIS Veteran

This is kinda true :) When we did our first package we did the Kids Stay Free at a Moderate and it was better than the % off discount, now if we were able to go with a Deluxe or Villa then the % off was much much better. Of course FD did beat out all the offers when we got that PIN, wish it was the one for DDP but even the QSDP gave us a better discount since we were already had adding on the plan to our reservation.

9. hannahdrewmom

hannahdrewmom DIS Veteran

This isn't always true. Depending on your resort and the number of kids you have kids stay and play can be a great discount!

10. DSLRuser

DSLRuser Age is a state of mind

This is why I am doing a split stay. Took the kids stay free deal for 3 days at pofq and added 4 days to thei tickets. Basically saved me $500 $250 per kid.

Then 4 days at beach club with the 40% off room only deal.

11. LilyWDW

LilyWDW Going to My Happy Place

Yep.

Each person needs to do the research and math for themselves. No one discount is going to be the best for every family and every situation.

12. Mrs D

Mrs D I realize most people don't hear editing.

Indeed! The kids stay/play was a better discount for me versus the FD promo I had previously booked under.

13. newserenity

newserenity Mouseketeer

We did the stay and play too and it was a better discount than the % off the room only! I checked both and we chose the stay and play!

14. mommypenguin29

mommypenguin29 Mouseketeer

Same here...

15. Jake&IzzyLand

Jake&IzzyLand Mouseketeer

is how we booked our upcoming first vacation to WDW. We did the math, and for some reason it came out cheaper than the % off the room rate. We also added the DDP and plane tickets. It was more affordable than we expected it to be, so much so, that we were not even planning to go this year, but the price talked us into it.

16. keith-atl

keith-atl Mouseketeer

Still don't understand this discount. Does Disney now charge for Kids being in the room? Wouldn't all kids technically stay for free with their parents?

Play part I get, the stay part sounds like a bunch of Marketing garbage to me.

17. chocovrdmicears

::yes::