Kids races - location and packet pick up

Nennie

Insert funny comment here!
Are the kids races near the Expo? Can we pick up their packets the morning before their race, and if so, would we do this at the Expo?

Just trying to figure out logistics! Thanks!!

Edited to add this is for Marathon Weekend! Thanks!!!

Packet pickup is all at the Expo. The expo is at the Wide World of Sports/ESPN complex.

The kid races are held *behind* the complex, on the track down there.

I think you CAN pick the packets up on the day of, but I personally would dislike doing that. Just too rushed.

When you're going to the kid races, and I'm going to pretend like you're not also picking up bibs that day, give yourself lots of TIME. Because if you're parking or taking a bus (take the bus), the lot is about 18 miles away from the kid races. I exaggerate, but depending on the age of the kid, it might feel that long. You're dropped off or you park, you walk to the main sidewalk/plaza entrance to the complex. Then you walk and walk and go up stairs or a sidewalk hill, then you walk some more. (IF you are picking up bibs....Then you figure out what building you should go in, or buildingS, and you go in it/them, and then you find your way out.) Once you're in the main part between the (3?) buildings, you then have to keep on walking. And walking. Down stairs or down a switchback ramp (which the kids will no doubt want to mess around on), then continue some more until you finally, at long last, while possibly having heat stroke or freezing (or both if you have multiple events on different days, given my January marathon weekend experiences!), get to the kid races.

Lots and lots of time.

And more time on the way back, because the kids might be tired from their run. So don't schedule stuff around it.

That's my advice. Though DS has only participated in the Mickey Mile, since we started doing rundisney stuff when he was too old to do the shorter races. (but what we gained in speedier walking than he used to do, we lost in how long the events takes.)

Thanks so much! Yes, we have to pick up our own bibs as well! I'm finalizing are reservations today, and we are going to now arrive on Wednesday, so we will head over to the Expo that night! Thanks so much for all of the detailed info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!