Kid's Passport Question

allears

"If I were not upon the sea..." I'd want to be!
I could probably call the passport processing number, but this is probably far quicker and quite possibly more reliable. We just got our passports and they need to be signed. For those who have young children and passports, what have you done about their signature? My youngest son is 10 and I don't know if he should "sign" the pp or if I should sign his name and then mine as his father. Anyone with experience?

allears said:
I could probably call the passport processing number, but this is probably far quicker and quite possibly more reliable. We just got our passports and they need to be signed. For those who have young children and passports, what have you done about their signature? My youngest son is 10 and I don't know if he should "sign" the pp or if I should sign his name and then mine as his father. Anyone with experience?
When we received our last year we had DD11 sign her's and one of us signed for DD6. We did have DD6 print her name on it also.

From the State Dept website:

Passports for minors under the age of 14

In the space provided for the signature, the mother or father must print the child's name and sign their own name. Then, in parentheses by the parent's name, write the word (mother) or (father) to indicate who signed for the child.

LarryC said:
From the State Dept website:

Passports for minors under the age of 14

In the space provided for the signature, the mother or father must print the child's name and sign their own name. Then, in parentheses by the parent's name, write the word (mother) or (father) to indicate who signed for the child.

That's exactly what we did - because someone here on the DIS pointed us to the State Dept's website! I love the DIS! For every question, someone either knows or can help you find the answer!!!!! :grouphug:

Passports for Canadian children however are different. They (or their parents) DO NOT sign them. On Page 2 under Issuing Authority, it will say Signature Not Required.

nzdisneymom said:
That's exactly what we did - because someone here on the DIS pointed us to the State Dept's website! I love the DIS! For every question, someone either knows or can help you find the answer!!!!! :grouphug:

This is why we love it here to! I know I could have plowed through the web site, but this was way faster and much more fun. Thanks larryc and nzdisneymom for your response. I kind of figured that is what we'd do, I work in a bank and that's how we have parent's endorse checks and of course how we endorse his checks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter