Kids now in school - need advice on summer visits

OH MY!!! How awful. I am so sorry. What in the world do they expect you to do in that situation?

They expected one of us to take the day off of work (DW was teaching then) and take him to the doctor to the tune of a $50 co pay so the doctor could write a note about his stomach problem again. The kicker is that we made the school aware of his issue and furnished them with an explanation from his doctor signed and notorized on letterhead before school started and they said that didn't help at all. I'm so glad he is homeschooled now.

Have you looked at the 2015-16 & 2016-17 calendars? I'm in Indy and we are out the week before Memorial Day both years since Mem day is so late. I'm planning Italy for 2015, leaving Memorial Day weekend. I will allow for snow days since I will have a high school student.

We are just west of Indy in Northwest Hendricks and the 2016-16 calendars won't be released until AFTER the 15-16 year starts. We are slow as molasses around here. :) I'm leaning toward leaving after Memorial Day weekend 2016 since we do the Indy 500 every year. That would give us the first week of June to try.

We started homeschooling over eight years ago and have never looked back. Our oldest is a Junior in college and is doing so well. We have a couple dear friends who have taught for over ten years and I feel sorry for them. It's amazing what is expected of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter