Kids meals in Japan- Epcot?

kellia

DIS Veteran
Hi, 4 of us want to try one of the Japanese restaurants at Epcot. One of my kids doesn't like it and won't eat anything with rice. Do they have any "american" kid food at any of these places? Or, if we were to do counter service at Katsura Grill, would we be able to grab him something somewhere else and he could eat with us there?

Thanks!

Years ago we went to Tepan Edo with my niece, who we affectionately called the "airplant child" because there was so little food that she would eat. This was the only restaurant that had nothing for her to eat - I believe every other restaurant at least had french fries (she especially enjoyed the "Moroccan french fries" at Restaurant Marakesh). My sister brought a package of peanut butter crackers that my niece ate with chopsticks. The waitstaff was not ecstatic about it, but didn't give us a hard time.

Years ago we went to Tepan Edo with my niece, who we affectionately called the "airplant child" because there was so little food that she would eat. This was the only restaurant that had nothing for her to eat - I believe every other restaurant at least had french fries (she especially enjoyed the "Moroccan french fries" at Restaurant Marakesh). My sister brought a package of peanut butter crackers that my niece ate with chopsticks. The waitstaff was not ecstatic about it, but didn't give us a hard time.

Teppan Edo is a hibachi, they cook at your table kind of place. If they eat grilled steak or chicken, they'll be fine there, but may still be hungry when you leave if they don't eat rice or veggies.

I'd probably do Katsura Grill and just pick up something for them at the American Pavillion on the way there. Katsura has tables outside, so nobody would care if you bring something else for them to eat.

Thanks! I don't cook separate meals at home because I want my kids to keep trying things, but feel bad making him eat something he doesn't like on vacation. Not to mention I don't want to pay for a meal he's going to just pick a few things out of!

My son is super picky.

We went to Tokyo Dining. That's the sushi/tempura place next to Teppan Edo. We were very worried about what he would eat.

He got the kids tempura shrimp and LOVED them. He never eats shrimp at home so I was unsure if he would like them there but he did so much that we went back a second time during that trip.

Tokyo Dining has more variety, offering both tempura and grilled items for kids (and adults) so if you want authentic Japanese food (I've been to Japan and Tokyo Dining is much more authentic than Teppan Edo), but want more options for a picky child, I would recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter