Kid's Lunch at Be Our Guest - do they get a dessert?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Ava, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Ava

Ava DIS Veteran

Do kids get to choose a dessert (i.e. cupcake) at BoG lunch, or do they only get what comes with the meal? Looking at the menu online, some of the kid's meals just come with a vegetable and potatoes - nothing that could really be considered dessert.

I want to know if I'm going to have to use a snack credit to get DD her own cupcake or - god forbid! - share mine.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ForeverAlice

ForeverAlice Mouseketeer

Had regular dining plan and got DS cupcake with snack credit. It came with adults though.

4. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

From what I've read, the kid's meals come with either apple sauce, fruits, or a cookie as the dessert. If you want a cupcake or cream puff, you will need to use a snack credit.

5. Simba07

Simba07 Mouseketeer

Yep. You have to get kids cupcake separately. It was probably my biggest complaint about the DP.

6. Ava

Ava DIS Veteran

Thanks all! Just want to plan ahead. This is the only QS place I can see myself not wanting to share my dessert with DD. ;)

7. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

Especially since the cupcakes and cream puffs are pretty small. Definitely not like the big ones you see at the bakeries and other QS venues. :rotfl:

8. WantToGoNow

WantToGoNow DIS Veteran

No cupcake or cream puff. When we went my dd got peach applesauce. I had to buy her a cupcake but had I waited ds didn't eat his and she could have had it.

9. hockeymom519

hockeymom519 Mouseketeer

That's one problem we have with the dining plan. The adults get choices of all these great desserts, and my son was left with a cookie or fruit. He wasn't happy.

10. JenLynn

JenLynn DIS Veteran

Even more aggravating .... we were on the DDP as 4 adults. DD wanted a kids meal but then she couldnt get a cupcake since her meal came with a cookie. I bought her a cupcake and we saved the cookie for later, but my complaint is that we paid for the adult DDP and a kids' entree costs less than an adult entree so we should still have been able to get her a cupcake as a dessert.

11. Frozen2014

Frozen2014 DIS Veteran

Is this different at dinner? The menu shows the following (e.g. of grilled cheese)

"Kids' Meal includes choice of one (1) Beverage, one (1) Entrées, and one (1) Dessert. Served with Seasonal Vegetables"

To me, that would imply any of the desserts offered including the cupcakes

12. MakiraMarlena

MakiraMarlena It's a big black fish to you

At dinner they can get a cupcake. It's just lunch.

13. Frozen2014

Frozen2014 DIS Veteran

Ok thanks. Seems unfair at lunch...and to have the kids get apple sauce or a cookie when the adults get a scrumptious cupcake

14. MSSANDRA

MSSANDRA DIS Veteran

While the cupcake looked yummy....DS's peach sauce was really better than the cupcake. I ended up eating both as he wanted neither:hyper:

15. Aurora0427

Aurora0427 DIS Veteran

How is the food at BOG? We will attempt lunch in December.

16. ajwolfe

ajwolfe DIS Veteran

Agreed!! We ended up buying our little guy a cupcake since the rest of us were having them. Wasn't that big of a deal, but I wish Disney would realize that older kids may not prefer to have a cookie or applesauce for dessert with every lunch. :)

17. ajwolfe

ajwolfe DIS Veteran

Our group of 9 LOVED our lunch there. It was so nice to enjoy a QS lunch that mirrored the atomsphere of a TS lunch. The kids though the castle was awesome, as well. We all tried different lunch items and everyone was pleased. Portions were decent sized and everything was good. My kids rated it pretty high on the list of new things we tried this trip. It will definitely be a must do on return trips for us.

18. Aurora0427

Aurora0427 DIS Veteran

Thank you! We will definitely get in line for lunch in December. My daughter keeps asking about eating at Beast Castle!

19. scard192

scard192 DIS Veteran

I had the braised pork at lunch; it was the best meal of the trip.

My sister and I gave the kids our cupcakes at BOG and all the other CS meals; way too much food (DDP) and too many calories.

20. ibela

ibela DIS Veteran

I would've been annoyed. If you find yourself in that situation again, just pay OOP for her kids meal and save her credit for another meal.