Kids love the disney cruise more than disney world!

Ashleyfaz

Mouseketeer
Just got off the magic and the kids had so much fun that they decided they would rather go on another disney cruise instead of going to disney world next year.

So, we took advantage of the OBB and just booked a Caribbean out of port canaveral for thanksgiving 2014. So excited! Ports include san Juan, st. Maarten and castaway cay.

I'm still shocked that my princess loving 5 year old would rather be on the Mickey ship instead of eating in cinderella's castle on thanksgiving day.

Just got off the magic and the kids had so much fun that they decided they would rather go on another disney cruise instead of going to disney world next year.

So, we took advantage of the OBB and just booked a Caribbean out of port canaveral for thanksgiving 2014. So excited! Ports include san Juan, st. Maarten and castaway cay.

I'm still shocked that my princess loving 5 year old would rather be on the Mickey ship instead of eating in cinderella's castle on thanksgiving day.

This was surprisingly true about my kids as well. After their first cruise in 2009, they were completely hooked.

Don't get me wrong, they won't turn down a WDW trip (we are going in August 2013), but they inevitably ask now "Are we going to go on the cruise too?" Not this time I told them, but our next DCL is August 2014.

Welcome to the club! :rotfl2: - We were hooked the moment we boarded!

Yup, mine were the same way. I was shocked.

Wow...I am interested in my families reaction too. Our first ever cruise is only a 3 night Bahamas on the Dreams, so I really hope it is enough to get everyone hooked!;) Our three DD's are going to be 9,7,5 and I really hope they love it!

Now if only I could just stop worrying about me being seasick! :crazy2: I don't have a very good track record, but have never been on a cruise 'ship'. Hopefully it will be different!

We have videos of all 4 WDW parks and the cruise line. DD loves to watch the cruise line - rarely any of the others. In fact, today's a snow day and I think it's been on almost continuous this afternoon!

This was surprisingly true about my kids as well. After their first cruise in 2009, they were completely hooked.

Don't get me wrong, they won't turn down a WDW trip (we are going in August 2013), but they inevitably ask now "Are we going to go on the cruise too?" Not this time I told them, but our next DCL is August 2014.

ditto here....my daughter took her first Disney cruise at age four in 2007...in August she'll be 10YO for the fifth...

she always asks "what do you like better- Disney World or Disney Cruise?"...for her DCL is the resounding answer and when i say Disney World she gives me ten reasons why i should like DCL better...

My DD, 7 at the time of our 1st dream cruise last sept, & she did not want to leave the ship! (I don't blame her - I didn't want to leave either ;)

She loved the clubs, especially the last night, because she got a little backpack & the projects they worked on & she said they had a bunch of character greetings!

She is counting down the days til our next cruise this September :)

I get extreme motion sickness so I took bonine starting with the first morning we boarded. We had some rough water at various times and I never got seasick.

Grand chrildren 11 and 15 loved it, if their mother had not made them come to dinner we would only seen them until clubs closed at 1:00 am. They have both been to WDW more that 8 times have no interest in going back. Did Smokey Mountains last summer. Hosreback riding, zip lines, white water rafting, playing in rivers in park. All the things WDW does not do.

My kids were upset when we announced that we were going to WDW last May. My nine year old said, "Why are you spending the money we could use to go on a Disney cruise?" Lucky him, our next cruise is now booked.

My kids were exactly the same. Our Trip of a lifetime has now turned into.... Another Disney Cruise LOL. Booked for Panama Canal 2014. The budget is tight so we can get there from New Zealand!

DD#10 had the same reaction to our cruise last month. I have a surprise trip to WDW booked for August and now I almost don't want to tell her about it..........I expect to hear something like, "Could we go on a cruise instead?"

We cruised before we did WDW, and I'm debating whether our next cruise May2014 will also include WDW trip LOL

Cruising is a whole different amazing way to vacation :sail:

We all love our Disney cruises. Wish we could do them more often. My kids are not "kids" anymore. My youngest is 20 and we are all cruising the Fantasay for the first time in July. We are a group of 18 and the youngest will be my daughter. Yes we love it that much.

Wow! I am so interested to hear my kids reaction now. I have been nervous that they will not like it. Happy to hear that a lot of kids prefer it! My kids are always begging to go to DL and the only way I am getting them on the boat in April is because we have a trip to DL planned for August. I hope they love it as much as all your kids did!! (Fingers crossed!)

Like others I was surprised when my 10yo daughter said this past weekend that she prefers the cruise to the parks. It's been a couple years since we were at WDW but we had passes on and off from when she was 3 to 8. My son barely remembers WDW, if at all, so I wasn't really surprised when he agreed with his sister.

We're getting passes again this fall. I'm sure they'll like WDW still and we already have a 7-night on the Fantasy booked for June 2014 so we'll be able to do both in the same year. If I had to choose one I'd take the cruise even though the same $ could cover us for 2-3 weeks at WDW.

It's so funny that so many kids had the same reaction as mine. My daughter was almost crying on the 3rd night of our 4 night cruise. We just went to disney world 4 months ago, so it is fresh on their mind. Even my 3 year old preferred the cruise. We do have nov 2014 booked, but I may have to move it up! I am soooo ready to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter