Kids headed to Ecuador and Galapagos

My kids are back! I bet they were with you CindyinNC!

Their guides were Eduardo and Laura. Both were great! Katie wants to go to Costa Rica now because Laura does those trips also!:lmao:

Last night my DD said she was glad to see us, but she wasn't sure she was ready to leave because the trip was WAY, WAY FUN!

There were 39 on the trip. I think it was 20 adults, 19 kids, but those numbers might be reversed. My DS said there was at least one group that was originally on an Egypt trip.

My parents were very impressed with Disney. They have done a lot of traveling, sometimes with tours. They said Disney does it best, and they are not Disney World people!:confused3

My kids loved both parts of the trip, but I am actually surprised they liked the first part as much as Galapagos. My parents said it was a great trip but definitely not relaxing! My DD is wiped out and has fallen asleep. I'll have them write some highlights soon. A highlight for me is the chocolate they brought home!

Now I am very excited for our Galapagos trip!!! Thanks for all the tips!

Were the vendors picky about the dollar bills? I don't want to hassle my bank for fairly new bills if I don't have to. :) Any suggestions for good souvenirs?

Also, how was the weather? I have been monitoring the weather in the Otavalo area and it looks like it is raining everyday. Thank you!!

Were the vendors picky about the dollar bills? I don't want to hassle my bank for fairly new bills if I don't have to. :) Any suggestions for good souvenirs?

Also, how was the weather? I have been monitoring the weather in the Otavalo area and it looks like it is raining everyday. Thank you!!

According to my kids, the vendors did not care at all. They took their bills fine. My DD said "The teenagers were getting things half off." Ha! Disney gives you $3 to buy a gift for a white elephant trade. My DD LOVED the stealing.

My DD bought some dolls for $3 (originally $5). They are very cute. She took one to each neighbor girl who we are also good friends with. My DS bought a chess set for $16. They got me a blanket. They also got some carved turtles (tortoises?) at the flute place and two little woven rugs. Of course, my favorite is the chocolate from the airport, but I think it might have been the most expensive!

The flutes and paintings that you make yourself are good keepsakes also. My advice is to have the artist touch up your painting. My kids did not because they thought it should be their own work, but my parents did. My parents' paintings look really good! (And I don't think it is because they are adults.)

They only had one day with some rain. From the pictures it didn't look like it bothered them. My DD was glad we packed warm pajamas for the hacienda. She said it was cold in the mornings.

Have a great time!

Oh, thanks so much for the response to my questions! Cool, they had the white elephant too. We had it as well in our Peru trip 2 weeks ago and we are planning to bring wrapping paper this time ;)

I'm glad the Ecuadorians are not as picky as the Peruvians with their $ bills.

Thanks again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter