Kids eating adult meals

marinejjh

DIS Veteran
I have a 9 yr old and have heard that kids can now order an adult choice for the count er service. Is this true or just rumor?

Rumor; or loophole, depending on your personal ethics. The plan brochure and terms still state that children must order from the kids menu when one is available.

Rumor; or loophole, depending on your personal ethics. The plan brochure and terms still state that children must order from the kids menu when one is available.
We were just trying to find out because my daughter is 9 and doesn't get full on 5he kids meals. Also the choices aren't good, chicken nuggets and pb and j for a whole week gets old.

We were just trying to find out because my daughter is 9 and doesn't get full on 5he kids meals. Also the choices aren't good, chicken nuggets and pb and j for a whole week gets old.

Not sure when you're traveling, but if you are using the free dining promotion you can simply age your daughter up to 10 years old and she would get the adult dining plan. It's only about $20 more for the increase in child to adult park admission. We did this for my son 2 trips ago when he was 9. However, If you're not doing free dining then it would of course be much more expensive to have her as an adult on the plan.

Not sure when you're traveling, but if you are using the free dining promotion you can simply age your daughter up to 10 years old and she would get the adult dining plan. It's only about $20 more for the increase in child to adult park admission. We did this for my son 2 trips ago when he was 9. However, If you're not doing free dining then it would of course be much more expensive to have her as an adult on the plan.
Thanks

What we are hearing is that CMs at the purchase point are no longer required to try and enforce the rule that children on the child's plan must order from the children's menu. However you will not know until you try to make the purchase whether the CM is going to continue to enforce or not.

If you are using FD, I would suggest that you age the child to 10. As was poited out earlier, the cost is not that much and you will realize a lot more when it comes to TS options.

I just did this with my 9-year-old on the free dining plan. The cost to upgrade his DP to adult was the difference in park ticket cost, which ended up being around $23. Well worth the cost!!!

We have never kept exact track of kid vs adult meals and have never had a problem. I am sure there were times when the youngest ate an adult meal and vice versa depending on who one how hungry the person was. We normally end up not using all of our credits, so we rarely worry about who and how and have never been questioned on using the plan. By day three or so, we end up eating when people are hungry, which could be all or only or two at at time from the group. That in itself has made it a big plus for us. Let everyone eat when and where they want without a worry of how much it costs. We have never really been stuck on getting the most bang for the buck on the FD credits. It is always way too much food and we often skip the dessert since we know no one will want or need to eat it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter