Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report). Three-Peat and Done 7/11

Excellent. Well begun is half done :)

I am sure Chappie can help us with the big words.

GA - Although I am away a little bird filled my ear with news of you :teeth:

Upon my return from this land of sweet tea and pie, I will devote endless hours gazing upon your sweet dribble :rotfl: :rotfl:

TFI (whatever that means) I will be back, without Arnold :teeth:

I ain't skeered of no big words, neither, SesquipedalianKitty!!! Bring 'em on!

ses·qui·pe·da·lian
Pronunciation: "ses-kw&-p&-'dAl-y&n
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin sesquipedalis, literally, a foot and a half long, from sesqui- + ped-, pes foot -- more at FOOT
1 : having many syllables : LONG <sesquipedalian terms>
2 : given to or characterized by the use of long words <a sesquipedalian television commentator>

Give some of the male Maelstromers a little competition in the big and obscure word department! Should be entertaining . . .

I am so looking forward to your reporting and hearing about your little ones' adventures. Hope your hubby comes around after meeting some of your fellow Vikings.

Minnie_Moo said:
I ain't skeered of no big words, neither, SesquipedalianKitty!!! Bring 'em on!

ses·qui·pe·da·lian
Pronunciation: "ses-kw&-p&-'dAl-y&n
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin sesquipedalis, literally, a foot and a half long, from sesqui- + ped-, pes foot -- more at FOOT
1 : having many syllables : LONG <sesquipedalian terms>
2 : given to or characterized by the use of long words <a sesquipedalian television commentator>

Give some of the male Maelstromers a little competition in the big and obscure word department! Should be entertaining . . .

I am so looking forward to your reporting and hearing about your little ones' adventures. Hope your hubby comes around after meeting some of your fellow Vikings.

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: NOW that's funny right there!

Thanks to everyone for reading this, and everything. I will (hopefully) be adding some backstories so that you might become further acquainted with the characters before we leave.
Sher ~ who is first, of course! I can't wait to experience this crazy ride with you!
JamisweetJami~ dear friend, questioned answered, yes?
UM ~ I surely hope that I will be reading your TR before I leave!
PPG ~ newlymarriedwonderfullyhappygirl! I wish you could be there . . . (my bottom lip is stuck out, frowny face)
lookingforward ~ I'm looking forward to it to. While I have many special things planned, I hope for some pixie dust moments. It's all good . . .
horseysweetponybaby~I can't wait to share my family with you as you have shared with us. What a special person you are!
offwego ~ let's not talk about those big numbers, 'kay? (burying head in sand)
Kimmie ~ shhhhhh. I'm a mean mommy too, really!
Marita ~ local girl! can't wait to meet you!
NM ~ thank you!
NAB ~ enjoying your report as well!
Steph ~ pictures shall be forthcoming of the t-shirts!
JW ~ I don't care what you call it. I only care that I get my way. That's what's important!
Erinella ~ we all wish you could be there too! Hope you don't float away this weekend!
Twinkie ~ glad to have you along for the ride!
Dog ~ good man. I need you along as a walking wine dictionary. I don't know how to pick and don't always trust the waiter to really get it right. For some reason . . .
Ash ~ many pictures to follow (I hope)!
Haley ~ can't wait to hear about YOUR commando trip!
Grammy ~ yes, we really do call her Grammy. Always. Just like Horsey's grammy! Mine is also a Grammy J!
Minnie Moo ~ a new word! I can't believe I didn't know that one. Going into the hard drive of my brain!
And UM ~ I agree. That's funny, I don't care who you are!

To everyone who mentioned my bee-yoo-tee-ful chill'uns. I agree. But I am understandably biased, and proud. So, you will probably be inflicted with many many pictures of them. And their costumes. And smiles. And laughter.

Because, really, that's what this trip is all about!

GA - love the start! I can't wait to read the rest - hurry up and get there already!

GA- Most excellent start!

And then there are the Vikings. Which I can't wait to meet. A couple of whom I have already met. All of whom Boost is a-feared.

Right back at you girlfriend!!

Looking forward to getting to know you better. Sharing "pulled pork" at Sonny's was a great start, but meeting again at Disney will be the "cat's meow".....so to speak!

Kitty~ Looking forward to reading all about your trip. Just wish I could have made it to the meet too... I have a feeling that this series of "Viking" trip reports is going to bigger than the finale of Seinfeld.

Kitty - Wonderful start! How I so WISH that I could go to the meet too :wizard: but allas it is not to happen. So take lots of pics and write lots of big words for me please!!!!!! :blush:

BTW - That pic was just adorable. My DS (13) now was tiny for his age too as he was a preemie. Finally this year he fits into regular instead of slim jeans :cheer2: :rolleyes:

Well, since Rhonda rescued me from (what page was it Rhonda? Five?) I want to answer those who have posted since my last thank you, without it appearing that I am just bumping my own trip report . . .

Krista - I am no less anxious than you for me to get there. ;)
YAK - you know it girl!
Shell-bee - we will ALL be thinking of our viking friends who weren't able to rearrange their busy schedules just to come and congregate. And, as I have said before, I have high hopes that this is not going to be a one-time thing!
Minnie - lots of pics on the way (eventually). And my shrimpster, well, he has heretofore fallen into the 10th percentile for both height and weight. So, while he does not need slim jeans, he is still wearing size 12 mos NOW, when he is 2 1/4. Bless him. I'm guessing that he WON'T play basketball!
Rhonda - my friend, you know that I am rather partial to your little guy, too, yes? I can't wait for THOSE pics!!!! Your little prince and my little princess, dressed up . . . (and Joshua crying and clinging to me of course!) :teeth:

Okay. The trip is getting precariously close for all the things I still need to do: iron some t-shirts, finish a Cinderella dresss, make the other 3 Halloween costumes, pack, etc. But I HOPE to get some backstories up for all of you, too. Soon. Maybe next week . . .

Thanks UM! :love2:

and Welcome Back!!!

(BTW, I hope to have some background stories up this week. If work cooperates!)

We need more (pre) trip report!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, a story about my Mom (Grammy in this tale).

I admire my mother, for many reasons. She has a very strong faith. She lives a good, honest, clean life. She has integrity. Strength. Overwhelming love for many. I am lucky to be the recipient of that love. Her grandchildren are even luckier.

As previously stated, Grammy has been to WDW exactly ONCE thirty years ago. Do any of you remember what the World was like in 1976? Yes. We had the book of tickets. I remember a few things about that first trip: Country Bear Jamboree, Swiss Family Treehouse, It’s a Small World, and Space Mountain.

My mom, like most moms, tried very hard to balance protecting us as children, and exposing us to that which would make us stronger. Needless to say, a rollercoaster is the classic example of the two concepts colliding head-on. This war between holding on tight and setting us free came out in force on Space Mountain.

That trip to WDW in 1976 was my first trip to see the Mouse. I remember riding Space Mountain with my Mom. She apparently had to concede that my little sister and I were big enough to ride, at least according to Disney. BUT, she was apparently concerned that despite what they said, I was too small for the ride and was going to fly out of the rocket at some point. This was, of course, when two people sat in the same shuttle snuggly-like. Mom was directly behind me. But this was not good enough to insure that she could grab me at the last possible second and save me from hitting the third rail.

Oh no.

If you will recall, in the “old” rockets, there were two sets of handles, for each of the two riders. She decided she needed to hold onto the set of handles designed for the person in front (that would have been me.) This resulted in me being doubled, chin to knees, and unable to raise my head or see anything, since my Mom was draped, blanket like, over me to keep me from falling out of my rocket on that oh-so-scary ride in Space Mountain.

Newsflash Mom: We don’t really blast off into Space!

Meanwhile, she could see around at all the really cool (especially then) lights and stars and such, and was laughing hysterically and screaming about how great it was. But then, my mom also laughed hysterically at Alien while her three children were hiding under the bleachers from fright (outdoor theater).

I can’t wait to get back on this ride with Mom. I bet she chickens out. But I am definitely making her ride the Great Movie Ride. Lets see how funny that Alien is NOW . . .

A Story about NeatKid (Page 4, Post 53)

GeorgiaAristocat said:
BUT, she was apparently concerned that despite what they said, I was too small for the ride and was going to fly out of the rocket at some point. This was, of course, when two people sat in the same shuttle snuggly-like. Mom was directly behind me. But this was not good enough to insure that she could grab me at the last possible second and save me from hitting the third rail.

Oh no.

If you will recall, in the “old” rockets, there were two sets of handles, for each of the two riders. She decided she needed to hold onto the set of handles designed for the person in front (that would have been me.) This resulted in me being doubled, chin to knees, and unable to raise my head or see anything, since my Mom was draped, blanket like, over me to keep me from falling out of my rocket on that oh-so-scary ride in Space Mountain.

Newsflash Mom: We don’t really blast off into Space!

Meanwhile, she could see around at all the really cool (especially then) lights and stars and such, and was laughing hysterically and screaming about how great it was. But then, my mom also laughed hysterically at Alien while her three children were hiding under the bleachers from fright (outdoor theater).

I can’t wait to get back on this ride with Mom. I bet she chickens out. But I am definitely making her ride the Great Movie Ride. Lets see how funny that Alien is NOW . . .

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Great stories Kitty! The dichotomy of the over-protective mom on Space Mtn. vs. the hysterically laughing mom while her kids were terrified is just great! I am so excited for you, and for her, that she will get to experience this trip with you and your family. So...do you think she'll ride RNRC?? After all, THAT one goes upside down. Will she trust you to not fall out of the seat without her hanging on to you????!!! :lmao:

OMGosh! How FUNNY! You poor thing!

SOOO? How OLD were you in 1976? Hmmm? I didnt think they let infants ride? Heh-heh!!! I was 9 ish. Plenty big enough to ride. But I'm not sure when SM joined Disney Land...I just know there was a line OUTside of Tomarrowland! Cripes!

I only knew the "Land" not the "World" having grow'd up 20 miles from Disneyland! I had to ride Space Mountain with my dad....there was NO protection from scarriness with HIM, let me tell you! No motherly cocoon of death!

IN FACT!!! I rode the Matterhorn before I was even BORN! (my mother says I turned out ok, though! but I sometimes WONDER!) YES, they let her! No, I'm not kidding!

I can't wait to see cute pics of your darlings in costumes. I wish mine were young enough to dress. I did mention it to them on our trip but ya know, I just got the "rolled eyes" look. My own fault for not taking them when they were younger. Missed opportunities and all that. I also can't wait to hear how you mom enjoys the trip. You're sooooo lucky.

AMY!! I love this story! You have taken us all back to where-were-you-in-1976. My Disney trip that year was a surprise Christmas trip; I was 13, TFI. NO one else in my family would ride Space Mountain so I rode it alone. I didn't ride it again until twelve years late ...with my husband!

Your Mom sounds wonderful. She appears Practically Perfect in Every Way. I can't wait to read the TR about how she does on the GMR and, yes, RnRC.

Will she meet me at the Tower for a drop or two??? :banana: :banana:

Note to Sher:

Build up Amy's self confidence. She apparently, misguidedly believes she does not bring the funny.

She is wrong.

:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter