Kids CS Credits & Menus FAQ & Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're talking about TS, she can share with you unless it's a 1) buffet, 2) all you can eat family style restaurant, 3) fixed price restaurant like CRT or Akershus, 4) dinner show, or 5) Via Napoli. And yes, you can use her child credit at other meals.

Thanks! We have are planning to eat at chefs and know that 4 meals for 4 adults/1 child is plenty.

this will be out first time using the dining plan so bear with me

My 5 yo DD loves Casey's Corner, I noticed that it doesn't have a kid's menu so I'm assuming she would order just a reg meal there. On the DDP is a quick service credit the same for everyone or is it specific to the age of the guest? Just wondering if DD getting a meal would deduct from the adult QS credits and then mess up the whole count leaving us with less adult QS credits and more child ones. I hope this makes sense lol

I understand at TS restaurants that we pay the tip but do we pay tax also?

this will be out first time using the dining plan so bear with me

My 5 yo DD loves Casey's Corner, I noticed that it doesn't have a kid's menu so I'm assuming she would order just a reg meal there. On the DDP is a quick service credit the same for everyone or is it specific to the age of the guest? Just wondering if DD getting a meal would deduct from the adult QS credits and then mess up the whole count leaving us with less adult QS credits and more child ones. I hope this makes sense lol

I understand at TS restaurants that we pay the tip but do we pay tax also?

You will have no issue using your kids credit for a meal at Casey's.

Your credits cover the cost of your meal and tax, only the tip is extra.

You will have no issue using your kids credit for a meal at Casey's.

Your credits cover the cost of your meal and tax, only the tip is extra.

thank you. just to clarify... all QS credits are the same? We won't accidentally use a child credit or adult credit when we don't mean to as they are all one in the same?

thank you. just to clarify... all QS credits are the same? We won't accidentally use a child credit or adult credit when we don't mean to as they are all one in the same?

They will take a kids credit for your kids meal. (The meal you purchase to feed your child. There is no child/adult meal distinction on the menu board at Casey's)

We are on the regular dining plan and was wondering if kids get to order desserts with lunch and dinner? We have the plan with 1ts, 1cs and a snack!
Thanks in advance!
Carrie

Kids can have a dessert for both types of meal but it has to come from the kids choices. Usually at QS they can pick 2 sides from choíces like grapes, apples, carrots, fries, applesauce,o r Choc chip cookie. At table service meals the dessert is usually choice of fruit or ice cream where they can add their own toppings. Buffets and family style meals they get the same choices as adults.

Please forgive me if this was answered already, but I tried to scan through and didn't see it anywhere. Here's our story:

DH, DD4 and I are heading to WDW in October - not during free dining, and we're staying on rented DVC points anyway. We are purchasing DxDP for the first time. (We've only done DDP in the past, when DD was 2.) We will be there for 9 nights, so I get that there are 3 credits/day x 9 nights = 27 credits per person. We're kind of foodies, plus we like to do a lot of character meals and a couple of signature meals.

I also understand that any child needs to order from the children's menu, if available. What I don't know is, is there a way that they differentiate adult vs child's credits when you are on DxDP?

My DD4 is 99% g-tube fed and only eats a few bites of veggies or crackers - literally a few bites; less than 100 calories a day - and is unable to swallow liquids. She receives Pediasure via her feeding tube for her nutrition and hydration. We had to purchase the DxDP for her even though she won't be eating more than a nibble...and often nothing at all. I've heard that at some restaurants will not charge a credit for her if the situation is explained, or the character meals might only charge an "entertainment fee," although I'm not sure how that would work on the dining plan.

If we go somewhere like Artist Point or Fulton's and we don't order a meal for her because she's being tube fed and it would be a ridiculous waste of credits since she CAN'T eat, will her unused credits be marked as child credits? Or is it just in one big pool on the DxDP? I hope that made sense, and TIA!

pixiedust:

Please forgive me if this was answered already, but I tried to scan through and didn't see it anywhere. Here's our story:

DH, DD4 and I are heading to WDW in October - not during free dining, and we're staying on rented DVC points anyway. We are purchasing DxDP for the first time. (We've only done DDP in the past, when DD was 2.) We will be there for 9 nights, so I get that there are 3 credits/day x 9 nights = 27 credits per person. We're kind of foodies, plus we like to do a lot of character meals and a couple of signature meals.

I also understand that any child needs to order from the children's menu, if available. What I don't know is, is there a way that they differentiate adult vs child's credits when you are on DxDP?

My DD4 is 99% g-tube fed and only eats a few bites of veggies or crackers - literally a few bites; less than 100 calories a day - and is unable to swallow liquids. She receives Pediasure via her feeding tube for her nutrition and hydration. We had to purchase the DxDP for her even though she won't be eating more than a nibble...and often nothing at all. I've heard that at some restaurants will not charge a credit for her if the situation is explained, or the character meals might only charge an "entertainment fee," although I'm not sure how that would work on the dining plan.

If we go somewhere like Artist Point or Fulton's and we don't order a meal for her because she's being tube fed and it would be a ridiculous waste of credits since she CAN'T eat, will her unused credits be marked as child credits? Or is it just in one big pool on the DxDP? I hope that made sense, and TIA!

pixiedust:

I don't know if you've considered it, but I would change DD's age to 2 in the reservation so you do NOT need to purchase the DDxP for her...it seems this situation warrants an exception to the rule. Maybe talk to someone at Member Services (or ask the people you are renting from to do it) to see if a doctor's note or something would allow you to bypass the rule where everyone on the reservation needs the same plan.

I see nothing wrong (and I'm sure I'll get flamed for it) w/ changing her to a 2y/o...you will still be buying her park tickets, and still paying for anything you may order at the restaurants for her, just by doing it, you can bypass the rule where you are forced to spend $100's on her dining plan that she is unable to use due to her medical reasons...she's not simply a picky eater.

Regular restaurants (not buffets or set cost restaurants such as O'hana or Cinderella's) won't charge a credit for a person not ordering, so the credits will remain in the bank. Pretty sure they DO differentiate between adult & child (at table service places, at least), but I could be wrong. Once my DS slept through all of O'hana & they did NOT charge us a credit...but that's probably due a nice CM & not the rule.

The credits are child credits so you couldn't use them except maybe use for kids QS meals for breakfast? We've gotten rid of lots of child QS credits that way and it makes a nice adult breakfast. You can avoid buying the dining plan if you leave her off your reservation and add her at check in when it's too late to purchase the DDP. I think that is your best bet as long as you are not using magic express. I can't imagine the DXDDP would be saving you anything if you have to buy the extra child meals.

Register her as a 10 year old and you will have all adult credits, and you can use them instead of her. They will not allow you to buy extra adult meals. It will cost you more, but it is better than saying she is 2 when she obviously is not.

Has anyone used the DDP and Magic bands with kids? I'm just wondering how you track the entitlements? Are they just printed on the receipt? :confused3

We will be going to Disney in May on the regular dining plan. My 13 year old daughter is very picky and would actually prefer to order things off the kids menu. Can we buy her a childs meal when we are at a table service restaurant or will they not let us do that because of her age? We will just pay cash for it since it is a waste of a credit if we don't. She will be with 5 adults.

At most TS places she will be allowed to order a kids meal but they will serve a larger portion and charge an adult price. You will also have to pay for her drink and dessert so it won't save much money. They will also usually adapt adult entrees if she prefers that like ordering a steak without the sauce and fries instead of a fancier side.

Hi we are booked up for October 2014 and we are on the DDP as 3 adults and 1 child.

We are staying at WDW for 14 nights or 15 days. What will our total allocation be for credits? By my math and if I have read it right we get credits from our first nights stay to the day we check out?

So all in we are entitled to (divided by 4) 56 breakfast credits, 56 snack credits and 56 evening meal credits or 14 credits per person to be used one per day or two if we are using it for character/signature dining.

Am I correct or completely wrong? :confused3

Hi we are booked up for October 2014 and we are on the DDP as 3 adults and 1 child.

We are staying at WDW for 14 nights or 15 days. What will our total allocation be for credits? By my math and if I have read it right we get credits from our first nights stay to the day we check out?

So all in we are entitled to (divided by 4) 56 breakfast credits, 56 snack credits and 56 evening meal credits or 14 credits per person to be used one per day or two if we are using it for character/signature dining.

Am I correct or completely wrong? :confused3

You are correct except it is divided as 56 table service meal credits (use for any meal), 56 quick meal credits ( use for any meal) and 56 snack credits.

All can be used whenever you like. You can do 3 sit down meals in a day if you like or use up all your snacks in one day if you like or whatever combo you desire.

Thanks @delmar411, I'm building a spreadsheet (sad i know but helping sp much with my planning) that we will be using 1 quick service meal for our breakfast each day (4 used in total) and all having one TS meal each per day ( 4 in total) thus allowing me to use 8 credits per person for when we do the dining with the princesses.

When ordering any food do I have to state if I am using the dining plan or not? For example on our first night we will arrive in Orlando about 4 pm. once we get to CBR we will just order some pizzas from the food court and pay for them using $$ rather than wasting our dining plan credits.

They may assume you want to use credits when you check out at the food court, so you should explain to the cashier that you want to charge them to the room and not use dining credits.

If you use a method of payment other than room charge then it won't matter.

Hi I know this has been discussed before, but wondering with the new magic bands if it still is same. My DD (9) and I will be going next month! We have regular dining. So, one TS and one CS each day. Do they lump them together now on the entitlements or does it specify child and adult? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter