Kids Clubs- food/snacks

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by tina4_98, Jan 21, 2013.

1. tina4_98

tina4_98 Mouseketeer

Hi there,

in the kids clubs do they feed kids if they are in there during lunch? Or are we expected to pick them up to eat? what about if they are in there between meals and feel like snack, will they call us ?

thanks in advance:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Yes, lunch (as well as dinner) is served in the Club/Lab. It is at a set time, if your kids are there when it comes, they can eat (or not). I will point out that (at least for lunch) it falls in the sandwich/fruit/drink category, nothing special. I've read reports that the dinner menus does vary a bit (pizza, pasta, sandwich).

If your kids are in the Club/Lab, and don't have check out privelages, yes they will have to ask for you to be called to get them. In the Edge and Vibe they automatically have in and out privelages, they can go get food if they want.

4. tina4_98

tina4_98 Mouseketeer

thank you :)

My girls are young so they won't be able to leave themselves.

Do they serve snacks in the club? Like fruit?

5. lady9

lady9 DIS Veteran

DD said no to the snacks in the club but that was in 2011, it may have changed. She was so busy in the club she didn't notice she was hungry. We went to Palo and expected her to eat in the club since she was there over dinner. When we picked her up we asked what she had for dinner. She replied she hadn't eaten, too much stuff to do. The CMs will offer dinner but children are not required to eat.

6. KristiMc

KristiMc DIS Veteran

No snacks in the Club/Lab.

7. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

And dinner is at a specific time, not necessarily when your dinner is.

8. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

No snacks except the cookies if they attend the cooking school activity.

Meals at specified times (listed in the Navigator). The child can choose to eat or not at that time, but there won't be food in the programming areas after that--meal time over, food cleaned up and gone. If the child is hungry and says anything to CM, they will call the parent.

It helps if you let a CM know if you intend your child to eat with the group. Otherwise they basically leave it up to the kid--not good if you planned on them eating and they don't.

9. tina4_98

tina4_98 Mouseketeer

Thank you all :) I don't plan to leave them in there to eat but thought incase it's good to know. thank you again, everyone is so great at responding!