Kids clubs (13 & 16)

bitlerzx4

DIS Veteran
We are going on the fantasy in Oct. We will be traveling with (2) 13yrs old and (1) 16 yr old. Will they allow them to stay together?

Man I hope so.
:confused3

Unless the CMs make an exception, no they will not. 14 is the border line for the clubs; at that age they can determine for themselves if they want to be in Vibe or Edge, and then can not undo their decision. Your 13 year olds will be in Edge and your 16 year old in Vibe.

The age groups are
Lab thru age 12
Edge 11-14
Vibe 14-17

A 13 and 16 year old are welcome to hang together in all family areas and activities on the ship.

bitlerzx4 said:
ugg. this is not going to be pretty. lol

It's not like they'll never see each other though. I'm assuming that you will be eating as a family each evening (it sounds like you guys are all close). Also , they could figure out a couple times each day to get lunch together, swim, watch a movie in the theater, etc. Plus, there are a lot more kids with common interests than they would guess; they'd have a tough time NOT finding other friends in their age groups in the separate clubs!

oh I am sure. I am trying to convince the sweet shy 16 that it will be okay. She will be okay, the boys will be okay.

I haven't seen edge on the newer ships so I'm not sure how the scheduling works, but make sure your 16 year old is in Vibe after dinner/shows on the first night. At that time there's icebreaker stuff for the more shy, and deciding which activities to do throughout the week.

We were on the 11/17 Fantasy and had kids that turned 15 and 13 on our cruise. Our 13 yr old did not have a great time in the Edge on the magic this summer and I was expecting some resistance. The CM at the Vibe told me he should try it out but if he wasn't comfortable, that he was welcome to join the group in the Vibe. As it turns out, he had a great time in the Edge but I do appreciate their flexibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter