Kids Club Question

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Irishgrl, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Irishgrl

Irishgrl Mouseketeer

When do they have open house? My Son is special needs and will turn 4 the week before our cruise but, is still not totally potty trained so not sure if he will be allowed in during normal time and is too old for the nursery.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

Open house is all day the first day (until dinner) and at various times during the rest of the cruise. There's no set schedule so you will have to wait for your daily navigators onboard.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

4. Irishgrl

Irishgrl Mouseketeer

Do they have it every day or is it only a few times through out the trip?

5. Weedy

Weedy DIS Veteran

Each day you are on the ship you will receive a Navigator (newspaper) in your cabin listing all the activities of the day.
    Here is a link with copies to Navigators from past cruises.
    http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-stateroom-navigator.htm

You can look and see the activities for the kids each day and can get an idea of the open houses.

They do have open houses every day as well as many family activities. You will have a great cruise.

6. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Yes, the club or lab will have an Open House every day. Typically one or two hours once or twice a day. When the club is Open House, the lab will have secured programming (only kids - no parents). And vice versa. That way kids can still be dropped off for adults to do "adult stuff".

7. JillShari

JillShari Mouseketeer

Also... we went on our cruise in march and my 3 year old son wasn't potty trained either, but they told me in the nursery during open house, that he was appropriate for the kids club because he was 3 and we had to come back every 30 mins to check and see if he needed to be changed. So, that was a surprise for us.