Kid's club must do programs?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by chudson98, Jan 27, 2013.

1. chudson98

chudson98 Mouseketeer

Last year our 8 year old DS didn't spend much time in the kid's club on our 4 day Dream cruise. Not sure if we just hit them at the wrong times or if the Aquaduck was too much of a temptation but he always ended up doing the same thing and preferred to not go to the club/lab. We didn't worry about it too much since it was only a few days and we had a great family cruise.

Fast forward one year and we are booked again and will be cruising on the Fantasy and I have been checking the navigators will the club/lab schedules. I am trying to plan out better when we drop him off in hopes that he would spend more time in there.

Does anyone know if there are descriptions of the different actives offered? What are the must hit programs? What did your child love? I know each child is different but we would love for him to enjoy this great option while DH and I get some much needed adult-time.

Thanks so much. I love is DIS!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bahacca

bahacca Mouseketeer

I haven't gone yet, but from most of the posts I've read around here Flubber is very popular as is the "sleep over"--I think the kids get a pillowcase at that one???

4. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

A note here, it's not a sleepover. It's a pajama party. It goes late (til midnight, I think), but the kids do not sleep over.

5. BlakeandMaddysMomma

BlakeandMaddysMomma Mouseketeer

It's 9:30-10:30 one night and then 8:30-9:30 another night. I believe they were 2 nights in a row, same thing each night, and yes, they get a Pluto pillow case.

6. chudson98

chudson98 Mouseketeer

Sounds great. Any other must-do?

7. Floridagram

Floridagram DIS Veteran

I think one thing that makes a difference is if he connects with some other kids. My grandkids wanted to be there when their friends were no matter what was going on. So hope there are some kids his age that he connects with. They must have liked whatever was going on at night because toward the end of the week they wanted to stay late and we had to wait up for a 7 and 10 year old! :eek: (they slept in our cabin)

8. tina4_98

tina4_98 Mouseketeer

For the sleep over, does it show in the Navigator to let us know which night???

TIA!:cool1:

9. owensamo

owensamo DIS Veteran

All of the special activities will be printed in the Navigator.

The activities that my DD liked were the PJ Party (which was a sleepover on our 14n Transatlantic cruise), the Volcano activity (I believe had "Lava Flow" in the title), The Cooking School activity (currently Remy's, I think - they make Chocolate Chip cookies), the Glow Ball (Glow bracelets/light sticks and dancing) and making Flubber. I'm pretty sure these are mostly Lab activities.

10. robandkelly13

robandkelly13 DIS Veteran

Our DD loves the kids club; we can't keep her out. Our first trip, she refused to go to either pirate party because she would have to leave the club:confused3 Her favorite activities include flubber, cooking class, the activity which involves captain hook (he visits), and (of course) the PJ party. Have a great cruise!

11. melaniejh1016

melaniejh1016 Mouseketeer

Anything involving the magic play floor! They do that a lot at the open houses. Also mickeys puzzle playtime is fun for the 3-7 age group as is LILO and stichs luau. Lets cook is fun they do cupcakes and cookies. Tinker bells talent show sounded fun from my daughter but I didn't see it cause it was not during open house.

12. Jammy93

Jammy93 Earning My Ears

My 8 yr old son's favorite activity was Sloppy Science. They blew up a volcano. Very messy and very fun.

13. sparklechicks

sparklechicks It's all about the Mouse!

My kids planned their cruise around "Gaga Ball" - They loved it!

14. chudson98

chudson98 Mouseketeer

Thanks so much everyone. It all sounds like so much fun. Now wish me luck convincing DS!

15. TheWalsh

TheWalsh Earning My Ears

Having gone through all the programs the best are:

Piston cup derby, you get a bar of so-ap and make a car. Is fun, good humor, team building
    Flubber: a must, it's fun and exciting and you get to keep it. The even have a flubbed pledge. Basicly proper care for the stuff.
    But most importantly, the time with their friends, not on the schedule, but if you kid makes friends they will never leave. Try meeting the parents of you're holds friend. I made a friends who loved about 20 minutes from me. Who knows what could happen.

16. jjje

jjje One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to d

What is Gaga Ball? My family was trying to guess based on the name and my seven year old is certain it has something to do with Lady Gaga. :rotfl:

17. MiceFan

MiceFan I like this place

LOL, no Lady Gaga in this game! Google search it for some pics & video, it's similar to dodgeball but the ball stays on the ground and it's in an enclosed area. The kids loved it so much at youth camp a few years ago that they built a Gaga Ball pit at our church. We haven't seen it on the cruise yet, but I'm assuming it's the same.