Kids Club Ages on the Wonder

placeela

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I am traveling next month on the Disney Wonder. I have a 10 year old boy and we are traveling with another family that has two sons ages 10 (turns 11 a day after cruise is over) and 12.

1. Since the age for the Lab is 3-12 and the age for the Edge is 11-14 can the 12 year old boy go to both? Can the boy that is turning 11 in a few days go to the Edge?

2. My son will turn 11 in February (about 3 months from when we sail). Is there a chance he could hang out with the older boys in the Edge if they chose to do that?

I am just trying to figure out where they may want to hang out. I know the two younger ones would want to hang out with the older boy in the Edge if they could but didn't know how strict they were with ages.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am traveling next month on the Disney Wonder. I have a 10 year old boy and we are traveling with another family that has two sons ages 10 (turns 11 a day after cruise is over) and 12.

1. Since the age for the Lab is 3-12 and the age for the Edge is 11-14 can the 12 year old boy go to both? Can the boy that is turning 11 in a few days go to the Edge?

2. My son will turn 11 in February (about 3 months from when we sail). Is there a chance he could hang out with the older boys in the Edge if they chose to do that?

I am just trying to figure out where they may want to hang out. I know the two younger ones would want to hang out with the older boy in the Edge if they could but didn't know how strict they were with ages.

Thanks!
1. A 12 year old can participate in both Oceaneer's and Edge. An "almost" 11 year old might, or might not, be allowed to participate in Edge. It's up to the CMs at Edge. If it's a full cruise, with a full complement of kids in the proper age range (11-14) generally, not.

2. See above answer.

1. A 12 year old can participate in both Oceaneer's and Edge. An "almost" 11 year old might, or might not, be allowed to participate in Edge. It's up to the CMs at Edge. If it's a full cruise, with a full complement of kids in the proper age range (11-14) generally, not.

2. See above answer.
Great. Thanks! That is what I was thinking but wanted to be sure it wasn't set in stone one way or the other.

We just sailed the Wonder in August with 2 10 year olds, an 11 year old and a 13 year old. All of them were permitted to go to the Edge, but only 3 of them actually spent time there. One of the 10 year olds still preferred the Lab. Disney was very flexible with this; it wasn't an issue at all. :) There is a lot more freedom in the Edge and our kids used the wave phones to communicate with us anytime they wanted to make a move since they were able to come and go (to and from the club) as they pleased. It worked out really well, but our kids were also really good about staying in contact with us. They had a blast.

It depends on the number of kids in each age group on each cruise whether or not they allow younger kids to age up.

This isn't anything that we could answer on this board. You won't know until you ask the Cast Members in the respective clubs. Also, unless some major exceptions are made, once a child is assigned a club, they are allowed admittance into that one, only. They won't be able to hop between the Oceaneers Club and the Edge.

This isn't anything that we could answer on this board. You won't know until you ask the Cast Members in the respective clubs. Also, unless some major exceptions are made, once a child is assigned a club, they are allowed admittance into that one, only. They won't be able to hop between the Oceaneers Club and the Edge.
That is what I was so unsure of. In some places I have read that you must sign up for only one club and stick with it and others have stated that an 11 or 12 year old could travel between the two. I know the 12 year old will want to stick with the other two boys sometimes so I didn't know if he could go with them to the Lab when he wants and other times go by himself to the Edge.

That is what I was so unsure of. In some places I have read that you must sign up for only one club and stick with it and others have stated that an 11 or 12 year old could travel between the two. I know the 12 year old will want to stick with the other two boys sometimes so I didn't know if he could go with them to the Lab when he wants and other times go by himself to the Edge.

Used to be, if a child was in the "overlap" ages (11-12 for Lab/Edge; 14 for Edge/Vibe) they had to choose one club. They were allowed one switch (to the other club), but then they had to stay there.

More recently (like the last 1-2 years) children in the overlap ages could participate in both levels (back and forth as they wish).

I don't think that's changed.

Used to be, if a child was in the "overlap" ages (11-12 for Lab/Edge; 14 for Edge/Vibe) they had to choose one club. They were allowed one switch (to the other club), but then they had to stay there.

More recently (like the last 1-2 years) children in the overlap ages could participate in both levels (back and forth as they wish).

I don't think that's changed.
Great! Thanks again for all your help! I was wondering why I kept getting different information about changing clubs, but if they recently have changed it then that makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter