kids clothes at dinner? cruise casual for them?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by mikewdw, May 9, 2014.

1. Belleluvswdw

Belleluvswdw Mouseketeer

No, 4 nighters do not have a formal night to my knowledge...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WDWJonasGirl

WDWJonasGirl Mouseketeer/Directioner

For boys, I would reccomend button down or polo shirts with nice pants. For girls, I would reccomend sundresses or a nice shirt with nice pants

4. orlandochick

orlandochick Earning My Ears

Thanks for the replies! Wouldn't have minded a formal night, would be nice to dress up for a change but my kids dress pretty well anyway, especially when going out for food :)

5. danielle782001

danielle782001 DIS Veteran

First, I have lived on Long Island for 40 years and we are very informal people. And everyone around us is too. Vacations and weekends is comfortable but presentable. This statement about how people dress on the east coast confuses me.

Anyway, to the OP...We put our boys in polo style shirts and khaki-style shorts every night. Except on the night of the Pirate Party. That night the wore (and will wear again) a Mickey pirate shirt. DH dressed in a similar fashion. I was in casual skirts and dresses each night. No "formal" night for us.

I have to admit, I did feel under dressed in comparison to some people. But other I thought were really over the top. Tuxes and glitter dresses. A little much for a vacation.

DH reassured me that we looked appropriate, so that is how we plan to dress again in July.

6. Momof2inCT

Momof2inCT Mouseketeer

Okay, I was clearly just speaking for my own experience in a tiny slice of part of the Northeast, which is a little on the formal side. However, even the last poster mentioned that she dressed her own kids in polos (which are collared shirts, not t-shirts, which is the distinction I was really making) and she felt a little underdressed. Personally, wear what you want and have a good time! But, since this thread was ASKING what to wear, it was my own experience that the MDRs are a little more collar shirts than t-shirts and more khakis and sundresses than shorts, although you can certainly wear t-shirts and no one will blink an eye (and who cares anyway if they do!). :)

I hope everyone has a great cruise! :)