Kids and motion sickness

sstucush

Mouseketeer
What have others done to try and prevent their kids from getting motion sickness? I have DS 8 and DS 10. My pediatrician's office said they could take part of a Bonine but weren't very specific about the dose. We've never cruised before so I don't know what to expect. Should I give them something before they get sick or should I see if the motion bothers them first? Thanks!

We used those sea sickness bracelets for our two DD's age 8 and 5. They don't have any medicine in them. They just work by pushing on a pressure point on the wrist. I got them at the local supermarket near the bonine, etc. By the end of the week, they ended up taking them off and they were fine. Didn't need them.

I also read from a DIS member, who I believe was also a doctor, who said that motion sickness is not as common in children as it is in adults. HOpe this helps. Have a great time.

Our pediatrician just recommended for our DS6 one half adult dose of Bonine per day. I am not prescibing or recommending this for anyone else, only telling you what was prescribed for our DS. I would also check with your pediatrician. - Mike

We just returned. I too was worried about seasickness and my kids. I brought dramamine with me but neither (DD5, DS6) experienced any type of motion sickness. They loved to stand by the window and watch the water go by!

My kids 3 and 4 were not bothered by the motion at all. As a matter of fact, they often asked when we were at sea when the boat was going to start moving. Our pediatrician recommended benadryl for motion sickness for my kids. She said that sea sickness medications tend to work unpredictably in yourng children.

Denae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter