Kids' activities and reservations

sz9144

DIS Veteran
We are staying at SSR in august for 5 nites.

Can anyone tell me about how to book kids' activities. Someone mentioned calling 800-wdw-play 180 days prior to arrival.

but what do I ask for? how many things/days should I sign up for? I don't even know what the resort offers- is there a way to find out what there is to sign up for in advance?

Thanks!

When you arrive at SSR you will be given a timetable of activities that are going on in the resort. Some are in Community Hall, some are by the pool or in Artist Palette.

I seem to remember seeing making towel animals, playing Memory, making friendship bracelets, making ice cream, kids fishing trip, stuff like that. Some of it is free some of it you pay for materials.

When we stayed at SSR DD was just 16 months old but DH took her into Community Hall while I was at the spa. The CMs were great, they played with DD and let her do colouring. Next month at SSR she will be 2.5 so I hope she can get involved a bit more.

Every Sunday at 3.30pm there is a Homecoming Party at the pool. They have music and games, it is fun.

Hope that helps, not sure if these are the sorts of activities you mean.

Mandy ::MinnieMo

Thanks! this is great information as we have 4.5 year old and a 2.5 year old.
Great question!

We've never stayed at Saratoga Springs...only Old Key West....but when our girls were younger, their first stop was at Hank's to see the activities and our schedule got planned around them. Not sure if they have the same sort of thing at Saratoga Springs

Our family loves the activities offered at HHI, but we never realized that the other DVC resorts offer activities as well! I guess we were so caught-up in getting to the parks that we never slowed down to realize this before. Our next trip will be a much slower pace than we have done in the past - we'll be at OKW for Spring Break - thanx for the info on some activities that my kiddos will enjoy on our non-park days!

BTW, at HHI I was able to call them the Friday before we checked in and they faxed me a copy of the following week's activity schedule - would OKW do the same?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter