KidCot

kmdrago1783

Mouseketeer
Is it worth buying my almost 5 year old daughter a passport and making the effort in World Showcase?

It makes a nice souvenir, but you do not have to get a passport to visit the KidCot stations. They usually have a Duffy Bear cutout for the kids to color, and many of them will write something in their native language.

We did the passports when my kids were ages 6 and 9. They enjoyed it and have a nice souvenir.

My son is 4 and has done a passport for the last 2 years. They are a really inexpensive souvenir and provide a lot of use.

One warning. My son and daughter-in-law did this for my granddaughter when she was five. They tried to cram in her passport and seeing all the countries into one afternoon. It didn't work. I think maybe my daughter-in-law (well, she was GOING to be my daughter-in-law - she received the ring the day before we arrived at Epcot) was a bit "touchy" on keeping her (at that time) only flesh and blood in her sights so she felt obligated to stay with my granddaughter the entire time which left my daughter-in-law no time to explore the countries. My son, not quite the stepdad he is now walked around on his own. His thoughts after? "The kids never moved from the table". So, think about what you want to do and how you want to do it. The kids are fine at the KidCot stations, you can do the visitation of the countries before, during or after and you can mix it up all day long. Dad can have a pick of order, then Mom, then kid, etc.

We've never used those. We've picked up the Duffys on a stick and those worked fine for stamps etc

One warning. My son and daughter-in-law did this for my granddaughter when she was five. They tried to cram in her passport and seeing all the countries into one afternoon. It didn't work. I think maybe my daughter-in-law (well, she was GOING to be my daughter-in-law - she received the ring the day before we arrived at Epcot) was a bit "touchy" on keeping her (at that time) only flesh and blood in her sights so she felt obligated to stay with my granddaughter the entire time which left my daughter-in-law no time to explore the countries. My son, not quite the stepdad he is now walked around on his own. His thoughts after? "The kids never moved from the table". So, think about what you want to do and how you want to do it. The kids are fine at the KidCot stations, you can do the visitation of the countries before, during or after and you can mix it up all day long. Dad can have a pick of order, then Mom, then kid, etc.

I'm not sure how old this child was at the time, but I don't think you are supposed to leave your children at the Kidcots unattended?

I'm not sure how old this child was at the time, but I don't think you are supposed to leave your children at the Kidcots unattended?

She was five and would have been fine coloring while her mother and soon to be be stepfather ducked into a shop for a few minutes. It's not like they were going to go to another country for an hour.

I've never purchased the passport, but every single time we go to Epcot the kid wants a new Duffy Bear (or evil Queen from a few Halloweens ago) to color.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter