Kidani Village rehab looks fabulous

Hmm I'm still not a fan of that room colour I think it spoils the atmosphere

New tvs they didn't seem that old to me

They could lighten the rooms up by putting in light bulbs that give off light. AKV has poor lighting and even BWV was dark in the kitchen. VGF in contrast has more light than our home, bright lights everywhere.

My counter to that is that people rarely stop to say - "I like xxxx exactly as it is and I'm afraid you'll change it so I want you to know we want it to stay the same. "

In the last couple of years, DVC executives have made themselves accessible to members more than ever before. They have a personal presence at condo meetings, signature events, member mixers, member cruises and other events, and encourage members to interact with them.

Three years ago when we started to see a shift in the design philosophy, it would have been very easy for negative feedback to prompt Disney to alter course. Despite some vocal opposition to changes at BoardWalk, Beach Club, Vero and others, most of the feedback I'm reading online is favorable. I suspect their interactions with members mirror that perception.

There is absolutely no justification for renovating a room in a manner which is poorly received. In fact, at last week's condo meeting, DVC indicated that the room design for the Old Key West renovation was undergoing changes based upon feedback from members staying in the model rooms.

I for one thought that themes - of which color is usually a large part - would stay the same. I already have expressed my desire for resorts to be different and not all white and bright. I think I should probably do that again.

I don't see this as a change to themes...it's a change in certain design elements. Hotels like the Poly and Contemporary have gone through numerous renovations over the years, many with a full overhaul to the in-room decor. We should expect nothing different of the DVC properties.

By all means...send feedback. I'm not saying there's any right or wrong when it comes to personal taste. But universal acclaim is an unachievable goal.

Like Sleepy though I'm skeptical when DVC provides the reasons for why the did something. No matter what it is it's at member request.

I don't find that to be true. Many times Disney and DVC make changes and are completely and utterly unapologetic about it.

In this particular instance, I don't see any way in which Disney benefits from making room design changes which are unpopular with members. The more logical explanation is that the majority of members actually do favor the changes.

Last edited:
The more logical explanation is that the majority of members actually do favor the changes.
Perhaps. I just have no proof of such other than supposition and inductive reasoning, both of which might actually be correct, mind you. . .I'm as yet unconvinced is all. ;)

The theme of the room is very much there, the colors are the same just rearranged. The wall hangings behind the two queen beds used to be off white and now they are darker with browns and golds. The walls are definitely not white more a dark cream which looks good with the dark furniture. The carpet is shades of browns. There are still lots of dark colors in the rooms. I think it looks great. One thing for sure the quality of mattresses and sheets is an upgrade.

I liked the old colors and I like the new ones.

I expect that a majority of people like change when it comes to vacations. And there are studies to back it up. So many people are happy with a remodel even if it replaces something they liked before.

It was nice to have a dedicated bus for Kidani to and from the Christmas party, no sharing with Jambo.

We had a fabulous stay at Kidani. Lots of Welcome Homes and smiling, happy CMs willing to help at any moment. I am seriously in love with the new mattresses and will be hoping to get something similar. So glad we have our DVC.

We had a fabulous stay at Kidani. Lots of Welcome Homes and smiling, happy CMs willing to help at any moment. I am seriously in love with the new mattresses and will be hoping to get something similar. So glad we have our DVC.

That is great to hear, we will be checking-in in 10 days! With the craziness of New Years Eve, we will be spending more time relaxing and enjoying the atmosphere of the resort(s) and parks, so this will be a bonus. We are very excited and the updates seem great!

Here now. We are in a refurbished room on the 5th floor. There is a notice on the table regarding the remodeling but we have neither heard nor seen any signs of it. The light wall color is a little hard for me to get used to, but the room is still the AKV that I love.

...One thing for sure the quality of mattresses and sheets is an upgrade.

Agreed. A few weeks ago we stayed in a renovated room at BCV and thought the mattresses were much more comfortable. As with colors, not everyone will agree because we're humans and not robots. But the old DVC mattresses used to hurt after a few hours and the new ones are--for me--glorious.

just got back from a stay there last week in a 5th floor studio. I liked the lighter colors of the walls, and the other changes. and didn't hear a peep of construction anywhere.

We are staying with our whole family in July and can't wait! Thanks for sharing the details of the updates! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter