Kidani Village or POR?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by ginadv, Jan 10, 2013.

1. ginadv

ginadv Mouseketeer

Hi All,

This questions seems like a no-brainer, but let me explain. I'd love your feedback!

I have the opportunity to rent DVC points for a one night stay in a Kidani Village studio.

I'm driving down to Miami with my three girls on a Mommy and girls road trip:scared1: to visit my aunt and uncle over Feb. break. On our way home I'm planning to surprise them with one night at Disney--no parks. We've got a 5:30 ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe and then plan to watch Wishes on the Poly beach and end our night at DTD. We should arrive at Disney by noon on Thursday 2/22 and plan to relax at the resort pool before heading off for our evening adventures. Then we can relax until a possibly late check out the next day, maybe lunch at Beaches and Cream and then hit the road to head north.

I have a ressie for the night at POR, but have always wanted to check out AKL and now this DVC point rental has come to me. The only difference is that if we got to DTD after the Poly we'll take the bus back to AKL vs. the boat to POR--no biggie. And the price is actually comparable. The only other difference is that at POR we have two beds and at Kidani it'll be one bed and the pullout sofa--again, who cares, right. Two kids on a pullout for one night is not a deal breaker.

I don't know much about Kidani. I want to check out Jambo and don't think the walk btwn. the two will be a big deal for us. Kidani sounds awesome and we won't likely be able to afford AKL in the future for a longer visit, so POR is always a place we can go. In fact, I've got tentative plans for an August 2013 stay there.

Thoughts?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. FantasiaMagic

FantasiaMagic DIS Veteran

I stayed at kidani last summer and i thought it was very nice. It had a great pool area amazing animal viewing spots and just a woderful atmpsphere all together.

I recommend your family staying there!

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

4. ginadv

ginadv Mouseketeer

Any other votes for Kidani--and why? I know you experts are out there!

5. eeyoremagic

eeyoremagic Earning My Ears

I vote for kidani. We have stayed there multiple times and my girls 12 and 17 absolutely love it. It will be hard to leave after only one night.

6. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

No late check out with DVC resorts. You would have to be out by 11AM. Your villa might not be ready until after 4PM which is check in time for DVC resorts. You can use the pool, but you might not have a villa to clean up for your dinner reservation at 5:30.

Beds - two queens and maybe even the little bed at POR (if you get AB) or one queen and one double sleeper sofa at KV (or JH) studio.

7. DisneyElite4

DisneyElite4 Mouseketeer

Another vote for Kidani. We stayed there a few years ago and loved it - the pool area is awesome! If you are only going for one night and plan to spend more time at the resort, it would definitely be a fun choice for you and your girls.

8. Magic3forme

Magic3forme Grand Slam club members

we stayed at both multiple times.
    Kidani is the winner!!
    a one bdroom at Kidani will have 2 bathrooms vs one at POR. also a one bed will have a full kitchen and washer/ dryer.

our kids love the pool at Kidani. it can get crowded .

Kidani has covered parking.. always nice when a Fla shower pop ups. and the car is cooler.

there are great viewing areas at Kid to see the animals. the guides who work there have always been great.