Kidani v. Jambo

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DisneyGal24, Nov 5, 2012.

1. DisneyGal24

DisneyGal24 Always dreaming of Disney!

Feb 19, 2012
    Would you stay in Kidani or Jambo? Why? We are new DVC members looking to stay in a studio in June.
  2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Reddog1134

Reddog1134 DIS Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    Each building has there own advantages/disadvantages.

grand lobby
    2 TS restaurants
    1 CS restaurants
    large gift shop
    spa area

quieter atmosphere
    1 TS restaurant
    first bus stop
    covered parking
    kids pool play area
    extra bathroom in non-studio rooms

We've stayed in Kidani once and are staying in Jambo next month. I'll let you know then which one I prefer.

If you getting a savanna view room, you may want to consider this:

Kidani is completely DVC. Jambo is only DVC on the top 2 floors. So at Kidani, you have the potential to have a closer view of the animals from your room.
  4. Marthasor

Marthasor DIS Veteran

May 8, 2005
    Kidani is wonderful - love Sanaa, love the pool area. That being said, I would pick Jambo. I just like having more food options right at hand and love the bigger lobby and animal viewing areas. Honestly - can't go wrong with either, particularly since they offer frequent shuttle service between the two buildings!
  5. FantasiaMagic

FantasiaMagic DIS Veteran

Jun 11, 2012
    Here is a link to my trip report from this past August: -

You will see my biggest complaint about the reosrt was the no QS/food court to get food - esp breakfast.

Both resorts are great - Kidani def has the better pool.

Have a great time wherever you decide to stay!

-FantasiaMagic :wizard:
  6. Jenna319

Jenna319 DIS Veteran

Dec 31, 2006
    I agree with everything the previous posters have said. I have only stayed at Kidani and am staying for the 2nd time again the 1st week in January. Kidani is newer, with a fabulous pool and a quieter atmosphere. The lack of counter service was my biggest complaint, however we did have a fantastic affordable room service dinner! The resort is gorgeous. My vote is for Kidani.
  7. catho72

catho72 DIS Veteran

Jan 17, 2008
    We stayed at Kidani in 2011 and at Jambo in 2012. I prefer Kidani....the rooms are lighter (in color) and are decorated nicer (IMO). The pool is better at Kidani, but there's no CS. There is a van and a bus that will take you to and from Jambo from Kidani. The lobby is impressive at Jambo, but we spend more time in our room and at the pool than we do in the resort lobby.

If I were you, I'd stay at Kidani....
  8. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Mar 20, 2000
    Studios are not much different than hotel rooms other than you only get one real bed (queen sized) and a double sleeper sofa.
  9. John's Mom

John's Mom Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Jun 20, 2004
    The animal viewing area on the Sunset Savanna is much better at Kidani--more animals and closer than Jambo.