Kidani to Polynesian for Ohana breakfast advice?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
We will be staying one night at Kidani and have a breakfast ADR for Ohana. I know we can take the bus from Kidani to Magic Kingdom and then a water taxi over to the Poly if we want to rely on Disney transportation. We will also have a rental vehicle and the option of driving ourselves. Is there a charge to park at Polynesian if we have an ADR and is the parking timed?

Any advice on which would be the better option??

By policy, you have 3 hours of parking at a resort for an ADR.

If you don't mind paying the $25 or so for valet parking +tip you can stay there all day.

You could also park at the TTC for free and walk to the Poly...I'd probably do that if I was running late for the MK bus and monorail option.
(The water taxi to Poly first stops at GF, so it would be a lengthy, but very pleasant experience)

The will only be a charge to park at the Poly if you do valet parking. You can do self-parking for no charge. Make sure you have a copy of your reservation when you go to Poly, so that the guard can see that you are parking there for an ADR, not parking there to take the monorail to MK.

If I had a car, I would drive and park at Poly. Afterwards, if going to MK, park at TTC.

Thanks for the advice :)
We will not be visiting any parks this trip and wanted to take a water taxi/monorail ride after breakfast just for the scenery and our Disney fix!
How strict are they on exactly 3 hours for parking? It seems like 3 hours would be enough time if our ADR is not running too late.
How long would you allow to take the bus to MK from Kidani and then water taxi or monorail to Poly?

Make sure you have a copy of your reservation when you go to Poly, so that the guard can see that you are parking there for an ADR, not the monorail to MK.

Two and half weeks ago we went to the Wilderness Lodge for breakfast and told the guard as such. He saw my Magic Band and asked to see it. He waved it over his IPad and said - "I see your reservation at 10:30 Mr. Graves - have fun."

I was quite impressed - I had never seen that.

It must work on Room Number as my daughter made the Ressie on her phone.

Last edited:

You have a car...don't even think about taking any buses or boats :confused3. Poly parking lot can get pretty full especially around prime dining hours but you usually can find a spot. Even if breakfast takes two hours you should have plenty of time for a monorail ride. Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter