Kidani room request

cheerdad

Earning My Ears
We have an upcoming stay in a Savannah View two bedroom. We are taking our grandsons for their first visit. What would the best savannah to request?

Sunset savannah is the largest savannah and is the prototypical choice with giraffes.
(Along with low floor, near lobby)

Pembe is a much smaller savannah, and have the Okapi (which are magnificent creatures) but most people prefer the Sunset savannah..

Although smaller, I am partial to the Pembe savannah because of the red river hogs and okapi. I doubt that many families request this view, so, its chances of coming through are likely greater.

Although smaller, I am partial to the Pembe savannah because of the red river hogs and okapi. I doubt that many families request this view, so, its chances of coming through are likely greater.

Hogs just don't seem to have the same attraction as giraffes so a Pembe savanna request has a great chance of being met.

:earsboy: Bill

Sunset Savanna, the largest savanna with about 80% of the Kidani savanna view rooms, has giraffes and Pembe does not, so if you want to see giraffes get Sunset. Also, one goal should be to avoid walks from amenities such as lobby and bus station to your room that can exceed 1/3 mile, a distance I assure you you do not want to be walking with young grandchildren after spending a day in a park. Thus, I suggest that besides Sunset Savanna view you also request one of the following: (a) close to community hall or close to Timon elevator (either of those put you on south wing fairly close to lobby, community hall and bus stop); (b) close to pool or close to Rafiki elevator (either puts you on north wing not far from lobby and with short walk to pool via the Rafiki elevator to ground floor). Also be aware that if you request Pembe savanna, you will almost certainly have a long walk from bus stop to room.

Last edited:
Also, one goal should be to avoid walks from amenities such as lobby and bus station to your room that can exceed 1/3 mile, a distance I assure you you do not want to be walking with young grandchildren after spending a day in a park.

^THIS!!! In November, we asked for a room near the main elevator but we weren't granted our request....we know it's just a request, but we were placed near the very end of one of the wings (on the left if looking out at the animals) and it literally took me just over 5 minutes to walk from the lobby to our room, and I wasn't dwaddling, either! Luckily we're all in pretty good shape but it would be totally exhausting for little ones, or quite frankly anyone after a full day at the parks. Now mind you that this isn't a big deal if you drive yourself back and forth to the parks as there are elevators to the parking areas throughout the wings, but if you're using Disney transportation, it can hamper things a bit.

Requests should be made by contacting Member Services; if renting request the owner to make them. Then, when you check in online 60 or fewer days out, do not check or uncheck anything in the room requests section and just skip that section. The requests made through MS will then be the ones the resort has to try to meet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter