Kidani, HRH & BLT in 6 nights- Yes! We are THAT crazy!! Nov 4-10,09 OBX updates 4/13

I'm really enjoying reading about your Spring Break trip! We love OBX, especially Duck, but we've driven through Corolla and admired the houses there.

Hahaha too funny!

And how about Alice? It's playing at the Rialto......not sure how much longer it will be out.

Could we go this weekend? We have baseball on Saturday, but I might be able to do it at some point. Next weekend we have back2back funraisers Fri & Sat nites. Let me know when you are free-:goodvibes

http://www.vrbo.com/177744

Hi Ellen:

I posted a link to the VRBO listing in Corolla that we are renting this summer. Maybe you can tell from the location if its close to where you stayed. Sounds like it might be.

Those sunset views you photographed are to die for. They are absolutely beautiful. I especially love the one with the reflection of the trees in the water. That needs to be framed. Wowsa - that camera really rocks!

I loved your last Disney update. Timmy on the mini monorail at the Orlando airport cracked me up! Leaving is always so sad, but you guys really had a nice family trip. I really enjoyed reading your TR. It made me laugh and cry and just reflect on all the good times of a family trip. I hope you are able to secure BLT for next years trip.

BTW - my girlfriend and I are staying in a BLT studio. Do you think it will be adequate room? It's only 4 nights, so I think it will be fine. Is it true that the BR doors don't close all the way?

Thanks for posting the OB pictures and telling about that trip. I think once you start writing about Disney trips, all trips become fun to write about. You guys did some serious cooking. My mouth was watering. We still have to plan menus for our upcoming trip, but I doubt I will be quite as adventurous as you in the cooking department. Its just something I never really got good at.

So....22 more days????? I feel like I have so much to do before I leave, but I think I finally have all the child care arrangements nailed down. That's a huge load off my mind. It's just hard to go away when you know you have a kid who can drive. I always worry about him getting into an accident, but I will doubly worry about it when we are not here. For all the Dis moms who have non driving kids - consider yourself lucky! :laughing: I wonder if I will ever get used to it. :confused3

16 days for me! :woohoo: :dance3: Two weeks from Friday-

Your house looks great! You are north of where we were- you are just past the lighthouse- probably right near the breakfast place (Big Mama's) with an egg on everything. When you drive there, and see the minigolf grass course on the left, we were on the street right behind that.

Thanks for all the compliments on the TR, I am glad you liked it! :hug: I think 2 people in a studio is fine- remember, we had 4 in AKV last year and THAT was tight because of luggage- but it was only a few nights. Not sure about the bathroom doors, but I think there is a space. I can think of worse things, anyway, it is a great place to stay. I hope we can book it for next year, too!

The food we brought down to OBX we prepped as much as we could before we went- the pasta was leftover from my superbowl party and I had frozen it then (no one ate the pasta at the SB because everyone was hooked on the shortribs with mascarpone polenta I made, too). I just made additional sauce the night before we left, which I then kept half of home for Pods with pasta for him to eat while I was away. The skirt steak I marinated the week before by pouring the marinade over the meat in a huge ziploc, and then freezing.(I learned in a cooking class a long time ago that you can do this with any marinated meat). I also baked the brownies at home and froze them- in my house, we prefer our brownies frozen, anyway, and i think I got a bunch of converts on vacation! I thought everything would begin to defrost in the coolers on the way down, but it didn't happen, everything was still frozen solid and needed to be defrosted on Sunday. I usually hate cooking on vacation, but this time I really enjoyed it- good practice for Thanksgiving in Tennessee with Pods' family- I'll be bringing the whole meal down from NJ pretty much on that trip!

I'm really enjoying reading about your Spring Break trip! We love OBX, especially Duck, but we've driven through Corolla and admired the houses there.

Hey stranger!! Nice to see you! I really would love to stay in Duck sometime- it looks like there is so much to do! And SOOOOO many more restaurants, not to mention being half an hour closer! Is there a particular area or development you would reccommend?

DISMOM TR has begun!! Here's a link-

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=36619012#post36619012

Hope you'll join us!! It was a hilarious vacation, we can't wait to tell all about it...well...kind of....:rolleyes1 :rotfl:
2010_0504dismoms20100049.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter