Kidani, HRH & BLT in 6 nights- Yes! We are THAT crazy!! Nov 4-10,09 OBX updates 4/13

poor baby. I hate when you get sick on a vacation. I know that all too well. Im loaded for bear when we travel with the girls. Tim rolls his eyes when he sees the travel case.

What a nice time for you and Pods after a great day with your boys! I hope Sean was okay. Good to "see" you again!

Good to see you, too!! What's up? Have you tried any of the new Arbonne re9 yet? I placed an order the day before so much changed- I'm sure the new will be wonderful, though. Love the stuff!:goodvibes

Ellen:

I obviously starting Dis'ing again right in time to catch your latest update. I can't wait to hit that TOWL. I am really looking forward to that.

Oh poor Sean - I hope he is OK really soon! I do remember that scary feeling of realizing your kids are sick. Brian was such a fussy baby that I never knew whether it was simply fuss or he was getting sick. It tends to make you hypervigilent, once you screw up a couple times.

Well - I am looking forward to finding out what kind of Disney Magic you encountered. I hope you are able to update before you leave this weekend.

And - yes - once again I will be in Disney before you. I REALLY wanted to go the third or 4th week of Sept, but I was willing to scarifice so another Dis fanatic could have one more trip before it was TOO LATE. I honestly don't think she would have gone otherwise and she is soooooooooo excited. Her kids are little, so an adult trip has new meaning to someone with toddlers at home. Yes - I am a generous person - I know! :rotfl:

WOW- an adult trip when you have toddlers is a HUGE big deal- a very deserved break. You are a very, very good friend to go early for her- but I'm not surprised by that at all-

And I'm going to do an update after I answer this, it's still chilly here, although not raining anymore, and we can see the sound again- yesterday it was covered in fog- and the wind and rain was INSANE!!! But tomorrow and beyond will be all beach, baby!! I can't believe it!:banana: :beach:

poor baby. I hate when you get sick on a vacation. I know that all too well. Im loaded for bear when we travel with the girls. Tim rolls his eyes when he sees the travel case.

Me too- sick on vacation really stinks. This was 2 family vacations in a row that I was feeling bad in WDW, but at least I could rally, I didn't have a fever. But Sean was REALLY in a bad way. You're a very good mommy bringing an arsenal of drugs with you- I tend to be too optomistic about the whole thing and bring nothing and then pay $$$$$ for it while I'm there. :rolleyes1

So we're having a good time in spite of the nasty weather yesterday and the cool temperatures. I'm in a house called Sutton Place in Corolla Light with Timmy & Tyler and my friend, Joan (wannabeadismom) and her family. Then we have 2 other houses of friends, with a grand total of about 30 of us. Lots of fun- we hosted dinner Sunday night, then went to another house for a delicious birthday dinner last night (for one of the kids). Wednesday night is ANOTHER birthday dinner for the twins down the street. Tonight I think we'll go out for dinner. And tomorrow it's going to warm up- mid 70's, followed by mid 80's on thursday. :banana: :banana: :banana: Here's a couple of pics of our view, I can tell you it's MUCH prettier on a sunny day, but still nice for bird watching ( lots of ospreys flying around).

2010_033006summer0001.jpg

2010_033006summer0002.jpg

Joan & I are going out for a walk now with Fiona & Darraugh, on our way to breakfast at the Sugar Shack- our friend's house! Talk to you soon!!

Glad you are having a great time! It is AWFUL up here! It's been raining so hard and I had to sit in the DMV for an hour this morning (license renewal), soaking wet because DH stole my umbrella. I'd much rather be where you are!

Glad you are having a great time! It is AWFUL up here! It's been raining so hard and I had to sit in the DMV for an hour this morning (license renewal), soaking wet because DH stole my umbrella. I'd much rather be where you are!

Yep- you definitely WOULD want to be here!! The sun is SHINING!! We went for a long walk this morning, up to where the horse fence is (the horse fence keeps the wild horses on the very north end of OBX). It wasn't so nice when we started, and the ocean is CRAZY because of the storm. But when we were done, the sun was shining!! WOO HOO!!!!

2010_033006summer0011.jpg

2010_033006summer0020.jpg

2010_033006summer0021.jpg

See ya later!! Time for a bike ride or maybe just a rocking chair on the deck, the boys are running amuck, fishing in the pond and playing all kinds of games- life is good! :goodvibes

"Wiiiiiild horsessss..." How many times have you sung that song since being there? I went to OBX once and as soon as someone mentioned the horses, I couldn't get the song out of my head!!

Sounds like it's turned out to be a wonderful day! Enjoy it!

Ellen -

I am so excited to see that you are updating from the Outer Banks!..... That looks lovely. I am glad the sun is coming out there because that means it will be coming out here SOON! It is 38 degrees and raining right now.....and to think I almost took my gloves out of my work bag. Good thing I didn't!:laughing:

Please keep posting outer bank picks....I am heading there in July with two other families and really looking forward to it. I am already planning what cocktails I will be drinking each day and I head to the pool....then to the beach....then to the hot tub......then back to the pool!

that looks wonderful!

It's pretty, pretty good!:thumbsup2

"Wiiiiiild horsessss..." How many times have you sung that song since being there? I went to OBX once and as soon as someone mentioned the horses, I couldn't get the song out of my head!!

Sounds like it's turned out to be a wonderful day! Enjoy it!

We actually saw them last year- went over beyond the fence. My friends that I'm here with can remember when there wasn't a horse fence, and the horses would be down here at our beach. They put the fence up because too many horses were getting hurt- hit by cars, etc.

Ellen -

I am so excited to see that you are updating from the Outer Banks!..... That looks lovely. I am glad the sun is coming out there because that means it will be coming out here SOON! It is 38 degrees and raining right now.....and to think I almost took my gloves out of my work bag. Good thing I didn't!:laughing:

Please keep posting outer bank picks....I am heading there in July with two other families and really looking forward to it. I am already planning what cocktails I will be drinking each day and I head to the pool....then to the beach....then to the hot tub......then back to the pool!

Well, last night we had grapetinis at our happy hour while we watched the sunset on our deck, then went to dinner at North Banks which was very yummy. Where are you staying when you come? Have you been here before? Oh- and I might be back to meeting you on Saturday, now Tim's game is at 3, and I don't know if I can get back to NJ by 2- so I'll be in touch...

im such a dork...i had to google it

Google what? And not a dork!

Ellen that looks sooo relaxing !! Loved the beach shots !!!

It is extremely relaxing. We were very busy yesterday, though- after the walk, we ate lunch on the deck and then played tennis, had a bike ride, and even went to the gym. Double cake for everyone!! :rotfl:

Have you been here before? Oh- and I might be back to meeting you on Saturday, now Tim's game is at 3, and I don't know if I can get back to NJ by 2- so I'll be in touch...

We are staying in Corolla. We basically went to VRBO and picked out a house big enough for 3 families with plenty of bathrooms, a hot tub, pool, and walking distance. I have not been to the OB in years because we used to have a house in Dewey Beach, so that was our beach of choice for many years. I am really looking forward to seeing the OB again. Any dinner or other suggestions would be great!

Is is wrong to be happy about a poorly timed baseball game? :rotfl: I do have to drop Nick off for ref'ing around 1pm on Saturday. He is ref'ing a soccer tournament in MD, but maybe Denny can do that. I'll figure something out if you are able to make a meet!

i didn't have a clue what OBX was. I couldn't for the life of me figure it out...thus the need to google it.

There is so much of the country I haven't seen.

Ellen -

I hope you made it home safe and sound! I hope you didn't hit too much traffic. I really enjoyed meeting you and the boys today! Your boys are great and so well behaved! I hope Sean and Pods didn't miss you too much! Can't wait to see more our your OBX pictures! Time for me to start doing the 30 day countdown! :cool1:

Good to see you, too!! What's up? Have you tried any of the new Arbonne re9 yet? I placed an order the day before so much changed- I'm sure the new will be wonderful, though. Love the stuff!:goodvibes

I went to Vegas for the conference! RE9 Advanced is A-MAZING!!! I didn't think I could like anything better, but I do. We've seen tremendous results and that's after already using a good product - Can you tell I'm excited? :lmao: The new make-up is really cool too - professional grade and organic! It all feels so special!

Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled programming! I've had a hard time catching up - I'll get back to your TR now :goodvibes

Glad you're having such a wonderful time with the Wild Horses at OBX! I didn't know what it was, either. When I saw the title I thought it was an airport! :rotfl2: We have had cold and snow - a fresh 2 inches tonight!

We are staying in Corolla. We basically went to VRBO and picked out a house big enough for 3 families with plenty of bathrooms, a hot tub, pool, and walking distance. I have not been to the OB in years because we used to have a house in Dewey Beach, so that was our beach of choice for many years. I am really looking forward to seeing the OB again. Any dinner or other suggestions would be great!

Is is wrong to be happy about a poorly timed baseball game? :rotfl: I do have to drop Nick off for ref'ing around 1pm on Saturday. He is ref'ing a soccer tournament in MD, but maybe Denny can do that. I'll figure something out if you are able to make a meet!

For dinner (or lunch) make SURE you get crabcakes and she-crab soup at Ocean Grille....it's the Corolla Light restaurant. I am NOT KIDDING when I say these are the world's BEST crabcakes- it's basically a ton of the whitest, sweetest, backfin lump crab held together with a single saltine. No joke. I brought two home for Pods along with an order of the soup, and he was floored by that crabcake. In the summer you really need reservations there- but they also have takeout, which is what we do. Not alot of parking there, so maybe two people need to go so one can wait in the car while the other one drives around.

2010_040206summer0033.jpg

Another place I wouldn't miss is Big Mama's...it's a breakfast place that puts eggs on EVERYTHING. The owner (Big Mama who is not so very big!) told us that the landlord told her she was a breakfast place...and the only way to serve anything past breakfast time was to put an egg on the sandwiches. I had a jalepeno burger with a fried egg on top- a big mess, but O.M.G. was it awesome. :worship: In the summer she has crabcakes, and I'm guessing that's really good, too. I got some of her tuna salad to put on crackers- it was made from fresh ahi tuna, just caught. Yumm-o!

We had dinner at two restaurants- North Banks & Mike Dianas Grille Room. Both were very good. I loved the waiter at Northbamks- he was SUCH a surfer dude- it was like having dinner at Turtle Talk with Crush! :rotfl: When we ordered, he was like "I am totally stoked about your orders- righteous choices! What do you dudes want to eat?' etc. Really funny. Yummy chipotle crab dip and lobster/crab fritters with jalepeno butter. My dudes ordered full racks of ribs- that they insisted they could eat...we had plenty of leftovers, LOL!! Even with sharing with Joan's son! I had rockfish- very good. That restaurant is known for local fish. Also the BEST smashed potatoes- I ate every bit!

2010_033106summer0239.jpg

2010_033106summer0237.jpg

2010_033106summer0241.jpg

I really wanted to try another restaurant, Fin & Claw, but it wasn't open while we were there. So we ended up at MD's GR, and Peter LOVED his dinner- also all local fish was ordered. Haven't uploaded those pics yet-

i didn't have a clue what OBX was. I couldn't for the life of me figure it out...thus the need to google it.

There is so much of the country I haven't seen.

You would know OBX if you lived on the east coast- a LOT of people go there, it's very popular because there are HUGE houses for family reunions. A beautiful place.:thumbsup2

Ellen -

I hope you made it home safe and sound! I hope you didn't hit too much traffic. I really enjoyed meeting you and the boys today! Your boys are great and so well behaved! I hope Sean and Pods didn't miss you too much! Can't wait to see more our your OBX pictures! Time for me to start doing the 30 day countdown! :cool1:

Thanks, ME!! I was SO glad we were able to meet! :banana: You were EXACTLY as I imagined you'd be- really, really nice and very easy to talk to. Looking forward to seeing you in less than a month in WDW!!! I haven't downloaded that picture card yet, so I'll post the meet pic later on.

And Pods missing me is a GOOD thing- helps to make me much more appreciated around here. The house was a train wreck when I got home...Sean had redecorated every room with his ripped off clothes and popcorn on every surface. Good stuff. :eek:

Thanks Rosie! Happy Easter to you, too!!

I went to Vegas for the conference! RE9 Advanced is A-MAZING!!! I didn't think I could like anything better, but I do. We've seen tremendous results and that's after already using a good product - Can you tell I'm excited? :lmao: The new make-up is really cool too - professional grade and organic! It all feels so special!

Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled programming! I've had a hard time catching up - I'll get back to your TR now :goodvibes

Glad you're having such a wonderful time with the Wild Horses at OBX! I didn't know what it was, either. When I saw the title I thought it was an airport! :rotfl2: We have had cold and snow - a fresh 2 inches tonight!

2 inches of SNOW!!!!! :scared1: It is gorgeous here, we are having a heat wave- new flowers are blooming everyday- right now it's daffodils and forsythia, the cherry trees are just starting. I love spring. It always makes me so glad I live in a place with 4 seasons, even though I hate the winter season so much.

Can't wait to try that new RE9- the makeup sounds awesome. Thanks for the info!

Ok....on with the show....

Soo....Sean was tossing & turning and burning up all night long. Not a good night. In the morning, as I was finishing the dreaded packing up, I was really, really worried about what we could do for Sean. He was EXHAUSTED. And he was sleeping the sleep of the dead, completely worn out from his sleepless night. The best solution I could come up with was for one of us to go down to the pool and let him sleep in a lounge chair until the DME at 3:00. On the off chance that our villa was not going to be occupied that day, I called DVC MS and explained the situation. That I had a 15 year old son who was running a high fever and was completely knocked out and immobile. And that he was autistic, so he was in sensory BIG TIME overload. Was there any way they could help? After staying on hold for a bit, MS came back on the phone with the answer to our prayers. So much more than we expected. I mean, I was basically asking if they could direct us to a bench in some back room for a few hours. Instead, she told me, unfortunately our 1 bdrm villa needed to be cleaned and was going to be occupied that night. But would I mind moving down the hall to a studio for the afternoon? Would I MIND???? Seriously. In 5 minutes, the manager of the Contemporary resort was knocking on our door and handing me a key to a BLT studio that we were allowed to use, free of charge, until the DME came for us that afternoon. :worship: Sean would be able to sleep all day, so he wouldn't be a train wreck for our trip home. He would be fine. God bless them. :littleangel: That MGR could not have been more kind or gracious- he also apologized to me for us having to move out of our current villa. I had tears of relief in my eyes as I thanked him profusely for his generosity and kindness. Really. Talk about Disney Magic! So, Bell Services arrived, took our luggage to store, and we moved down the hall to a studio.

2009_111006summer0586-1.jpg

2009_111006summer0583-1.jpg

2009_111006summer0585.jpg

2009_111006summer0584.jpg

The view-
2009_111006summer0581-1.jpg

2009_111006summer0580-1.jpg

Since Pods is the one who always wants to relax on vacation (and I always want to go go GO!) he said he would stay with Sean, while I headed to our 12:00 ADR at Tutto Italia with T&T. Which we were late for.

The typical, it's my last day at Disney look-

2009_111006summer0587.jpg

The taco stand STAYS!
2009_111006summer0588.jpg

The restaurant was completely empty, so it was no big deal that we were so late. This was our first visit to Tutto's- we had never been to this restaurant at all in any of it's incarnations, so I was glad we were able to keep the ADR. I have been to Italy twice, and I have to say...sitting in that restaurant, with all those handsome Italian waiters falling all over us...well, it felt JUST LIKE being back on the boot. Timmy and his I can't-believe-we're-going-home look.

2009_111006summer0589.jpg

I ordered a MUCH deserved bellini-

2009_111006summer0590.jpg

We had to get the enourmous antipasto misto-

2009_111006summer0591.jpg

Which, of course, we brought most of back with us to my hungry hubby, since it's his favorite. We all ordered pasta for lunch. Tyler had lasagne al forno (because if there's lasagne on the menu, that's what Tyler orders. We went out for Easter yesterday, and he ate lasagne- just like he does every year.)

2009_111006summer0593.jpg

I don't see the next two on the menu anymore. Timmy's was delicious, it was farfalle with a creamy, cheesy sauce & peas and maybe some prosciutto?-

2009_111006summer0594.jpg

And mine was cavatappi with a sausage tomato sauce-

2009_111006summer0595.jpg

Timmy & I each were able to bring leftovers back for my hubby, which he thoroughly enjoyed.

2009_111006summer0592.jpg

Sadly, we had no room for dessert... I really loved eating here, I think Pods & I will have to go back this fall.

2009_111006summer0597.jpg

2009_111006summer0598.jpg

2009_111006summer0599.jpg

All great vacations come to an end, and that's what this one was about to do. We were going to hit TT before we left, but...guess what?? It was broken down AGAIN!! So, no TT for us. It was really a shame we had gotten such a late start on this day, but it couldn't be helped. But that's ok....we all know we're always coming back.

2009_111006summer0604.jpg

Two sad and worn out boys....

2009_111006summer0605.jpg

2009_111006summer0606.jpg

We got a call from Pods...where were we?? The DME was coming! We needed to get downstairs!!! Etc, etc, blah blah, blah...all words no one wants to hear! :rotfl: When we arrived back at BLT, Sean was a new young man- sitting up, eating french fries, drinking water...the all day power-nap had done him REALLY good. For our trip home, he was spot-on perfect. :hug: Once again, i have to say...I LOVE our DVC and major, big time kudos to the management of the glorious Contemporary Resort. They ROCK!

Up next...the grand finale, and Timmy's last daredevil thrill ride of the vacation.

Ok- I'm hoping th ewhole world won't crash as I post these two pics from a bike ride and nature walk Joan & i took this week- FWIW, I have a TON of pics, the internet here just won't let me upload them. And BELIEVE me when I say I HAVE TRIED!!

2010_033106summer0265-1.jpg

2010_033106summer0259.jpg

Sorry- you KNOW what a picture freak I am, and this place is just not letting me show you everything we've done! See you on a better day! :thumbsup2

Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter