Kidani 1 bedroom or Art of Animation suite?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by JessLCH, Apr 19, 2013.

1. JessLCH

JessLCH DIS Veteran

We like DVC villas, and villas in general. While we don't cook on vacation, we do use the kitchen for a quick breakfast (coffee and cereal). We have only stayed at Deluxe DVC villas onsite. Right now we have a 4 night quick trip booked at Kidani in a 1 bedroom with a savanna view. Just wondering if we should consider AoA for the fun theming. Would definitely book a suite if we stayed there. Kids are 12 and 9. Would a value feel a lot less deluxe than a deluxe? I am a little turned off by the lack of dining options (QS only), no pool towels and no gym at AoA. But the location is more central and we will be relying on Disney Transportation. We will spend most of our days at the parks. $ is not a big deciding factor.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. kpm76

kpm76 DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>Charlie Brown is

Not even a question for me....I would keep Kidani!! There are a host of reasons why I think Kidani is a better choice, but the most significant is sitting on the balcony watching the animals. You won't get that at AoA ;)

4. jimandami

jimandami DIS Veteran

We also usually stay at DVC properties and we did an AoA LK suite last September. While we had a good time and the kids loved it, I said no more values. I just couldn't get into the food court (it was chaotic and crazy!) thing and I just missed being at a deluxe. We love Kidani and I would definitely stick with that.

5. aVASTGrl

aVASTGrl DIS Veteran

Kidani definitely! If you have time during your trip, maybe head over to AoA for a couple of hours to soak up the theming :)

6. JessLCH

JessLCH DIS Veteran

Thanks all...will keep the Kidani reservation.

7. Jenmia

Jenmia Earning My Ears

Im pondering the same thing. We have a 1 bedroom villa at kidani savannah view for September 2013. 4 night stay. And today I was thinking about switching to AOA Lion King Suite. Looks like everyone thinks Kidani would be better. We are taking our 4 soon to be 5 year old for his Birthday.

8. michashell

michashell Mouseketeer

We had the same decision to make last October and decided to stay at AOA. It was our first stay at a Value. We enjoyed our stay, however I missed the amenities that you mentioned. I especially missed not having a table service restaurant. However, the food was quite good. I have young children, so we almost always ate dinner at the resort. I really did not want to end my day running back and forth trying to get food for everyone :).

The theming is terrific. If you have a car, maybe you can stop by for lunch and a walk around. The Cars section is especially impressive. While the pool was fantastic for our kids (5 & 3), I think it might be boring for your kids.

Hope this helps!