• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kid Recipe Help??

*Robin*

bibbity bobbity boo!
Hi everyone...I just found out I need to bring a special treat for 30 kids to my sons V.I.P day next Tuesday. (I thought it was just normal snacks) I have been looking all through the web for neat ideas...having found only "marshmallow pops" which are really chocolate covered marshmallows rolled in sprinkles, on a sucker stick.

These are all kindergarteners, so they begged no frosting or gooeys, so I'm not sure this would be considered gooey or not. :confused:

Do any of you guys have any tried and true ideas? I put together all kinds of party favors, and decorated a wonderful poster telling all about my son. (This is a really neat thing this teacher does for everyone) So I want something special to go along...

Thanks so much everyone!! :):):)

I'm not sure, but they interpret "gooey" as 'messy/sticky' . . . and the marshmallow pops might qualify because of the sticky marshmallow. If this is what you'd really like to do, why don't you call the school & ask? Our school is usually pretty good about answering "dumb" questions - meaning the kind you feel dumb for calling to ask as they aren't related to actual education! ;)

My recent favorite is the Crisp Rice Sushi from the Contemporary, but I'm afraid that's sticky, too. However, DD came home from 1st grade with a recipe that she likes to take for b'days, etc.

Apple Pizza

1 can refrigerator biscuits
1 c grated cheddar cheese
4 apples, sliced
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbl flour
dots of butter (opt)

Flatten biscuits & place on ungreased cookie sheet. Put 3 - 4 apple slices on each biscuit. Sprinkle with cheese. Mix sugar, cinnamon & flour. Cover each biscuit with cinnamon mixture. Dot with butter. Bake at 350 for 8- 10 minutes.

**PS These are really good when you use canned cream cheese frosting instead of the cheddar cheese on them. Of course, that stuff is good on a spoon! :D :D :D :D

I can't remember where this came from....but a fun and delicious idea:

Circle pretzels
Hershey Hugs
M & M's

Place pretzels on foil lined baking sheet, place a hug in the centers of pretzels. Bake at 250....just until melted. Remove from oven and place a M & M in the middle.:)

My boys used to always ask for cookies on a stick.

Wilton makes pans in various shapes (Mickey, a circle, etc.) and also paper sticks. Just make your favorite cookie dough (we use chocolate chip) fill the pan, add the stick and bake. Put each cookie "top" in a plastic bag and seal with a twistie or ribbon.

Kids LOVE eating these 'cookie pops'!!

Good luck!

I often press one of my favorite cookie doughs into a pizza pan (tubes of dough work fine, too). If I use sugar cookie dough I add sprinkles or M&M's (colors can go with the holiday being celebrated). Then I bake for at least the time required for regular cookies. Sometimes you have to add a few extra minutes - just until it is starting to brown. Once I even melted chocolate and drizzled it around on top of the baked cookie. Take your giant cookie with a pizza cutter and slice chunks for the kids. Kids think anything shaped like pizza is fun.

MerryPoppins-

I did two of those pizza cookies for Easter! I did Pillsbury slice and bake chocolate chip dough, baked it, topped it with chopped pecans and Easter colored M&M's. Then I drizzled melted chocolate and white chocolate over the whole thing. They were a big hit, especially the part about using the pizza cutter. Plus I used disposable aluminum pizza pans, so the only thing I had to bring home was my pizza cutter! EZ to make EZ to transport and EZ to clean up :D

Candi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter