Kid Food avail at Food & Wine?

LindsayL

Mouseketeer
I am considering not making any ADR's on the day we reserved for WS. I know there is plenty to pick through for adults at food & wine.....are there kid friendly foods as well? My girls are 6 & 8. They are not super picky eaters but.....Anybody willing to tell me what your kids have eaten at Food & Wine??? I would totally appreciate it!!!!!! Thanks!!!

At ages 6 and 8, our kids would have had a hard time finding anything to eat at F&W. We did it for the first time last October and they were 12 and 10 and really enjoyed it. They were more willing to pick around stuff they didn't like. That said, we ate lunch at San Angel and ate our way around F&W later in the day, and I was glad we'd had a full meal because F&W plates are pretty pricey (we're DVC, no DDP for us) and it would have taken a lot of them to feed all 4 of us (plus my parents were with us so really 6 of us). We ended up going to EP twice more during our trip and munching at F&W (it is much less crowded for lunch) but only once did we do that in place of an actual meal. One thing that helped with the kids was I had a friend make t-shirts for us (iron on transfers) with all of the F&W booth countries, and any time anyone tried something from that country, they got to check off the box on their shirt. The kids didn't want to be left out!

My kids love Food & Wine, but they are older. When the menus are released, you can get an idea. As others have said, regular CS locations are open. I'd just plan to pick up some food for them there. Similar to the shirts, there are little passport booklets available for free that you can tick off as you go around.

Some of our DDs faves last year were: the macaroni dish in France, the beef skewer in Patagonia, chicken gyro with tzatziki sauce.

Thanks!! I think I'll plan in CS for them and encourage to try something with the help of the passports at F&W! (Although I adore the idea of the shirts!!). I don't know why I didn't think of CS for them??!! That's why I love this site! So much wisdom!!! Thank you!!!

I went with my 7 year old last year. Although, F&W does not have a kid specific menu, but my girl was able to enjoy many of the offerings. She loved the pork belly, chicken, sushi and the sliders. I would not say there was something for her at every booth, but she didn't have a problem what so ever. I would suggest visiting disneyfoodblog for the menu. We spent time looking over the menu and circled the items we are interested. Don't forget the F&W passport (free). It was fun to collect the stamp from each country.

I am considering not making any ADR's on the day we reserved for WS. I know there is plenty to pick through for adults at food & wine.....are there kid friendly foods as well? My girls are 6 & 8. They are not super picky eaters but.....Anybody willing to tell me what your kids have eaten at Food & Wine??? I would totally appreciate it!!!!!! Thanks!!!

There are no foods intended primarily to kids at the F & W festival. We are an adults only family, at this point, and we appreciate the few things that are geared towards adults.

You won't find chicken nuggets or pizza, but if you try things around the world, you may find something that the kids will like. And the CS are still open and serving chicken nuggets.

My daughter, then 7, would eat any offering that had beef in it. She is picky too. My son, 3 at the time, would eat anything that he didn't have an allergy for. It depends on the kid. Sushi could be a "kid food" if they like it.

AS PP said, you can always get food for your kids at any of the regular CS places in WS. DS is a picky eater and when we stroll around F&W we stop at American Pavillion so he can get his Hot Dog and Fries

There are no foods intended primarily to kids at the F & W festival. We are an adults only family, at this point, and we appreciate the few things that are geared towards adults
I really wasn't looking for anything necessarily geared towards kids, just kid approved.

I'm going with the others that say it really depends on how picky your kid is. DD is super picky so I doubt she will eat anything there. I plan to have foods for her in my bag or stopping at the American Pavilion and getting her nuggets.

I really wasn't looking for anything necessarily geared towards kids, just kid approved.

What does "just kid approved" mean?
As others have said, the booths do not offer the usual nuggets or pizza etc - if that is what this means. Whether kids like what is offered varies widely by the child.
I am not trying to be difficult - I really don't understand what you are looking for here.

"Kid approved" means different things to different kids. If you are talking about the staples (mac and cheese without accompaniments like bacon, breaded chicken nuggets, plain hot dogs - there is a mini hot dog but it's spicy - grilled cheese sandwiches, french fries, cheese or pepperoni pizza) - no, they don't have those items.

For my kids, the issue is more that the foods are all served with sauces or toppings they don't care for, and they prefer food that's more plain. I do think you could ask for slight alterations to the foods (leave off sauce, no tomatoes, etc) but many of the foods are premade. That's becoming less of an issue as they get older and realize it isn't a big deal to remove toppings themselves. DD loved the pavlova and fisherman's pie last year, and DS could have eaten 5 servings of the beef bourguignon!

If they pour a sauce on right before serving you can ask them to leave off the sauce. But if it's dished out and served in the sauce, no dice.

Even when Food and Wine is on, my kids tend to gravitate towards hotdogs and ice cream at The Outpost and Fish and Chips in the UK. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter