• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kevin was Right - Thank You Alex for speeding up the boards

jcb

always emerging from hibernation
Just wanted to say thank you to Alex for correcting whatever was slowing down the DISboards from loading. (I assume Alex was in charge of this but if not, thank you to them to.) Feel free to share the technical explanation. There isn't enough geekese on the DISboards.

I know Kevin didn't have anything to do with it but he seemed to bear the brunt of the slowness complaints and he likes it when a thread starts with "Kevin is Right."

Thanks Jack.

While I wish I could take credit, all I did was tell the right people.

That being said....I am fond of threads that start with "Kevin was right".

"Kevin is smart" and "Kevin is handsome" are good too.

Feel free to use these frequently.

:rolleyes1

Thanks Jack.

While I wish I could take credit, all I did was tell the right people.

That being said....I am fond of threads that start with "Kevin was right".

"Kevin is smart" and "Kevin is handsome" are good too.

Feel free to use these frequently.

:rolleyes1

Kevin was right next to the server when he spilled his Snapple on it thus taking down the DIS.

Would that qualify? :lmao:

- Bill

Just wanted to say thank you to Alex for correcting whatever was slowing down the DISboards from loading. (I assume Alex was in charge of this but if not, thank you to them to.) Feel free to share the technical explanation. There isn't enough geekese on the DISboards.

I know Kevin didn't have anything to do with it but he seemed to bear the brunt of the slowness complaints and he likes it when a thread starts with "Kevin is Right."

You should be in Chat! There was plenty of geek'iness to go around!!

Mostly from Mike, hes an uber nerd :thumbsup2

Wow ! What a *huge* improvement ! :thumbsup2

Thank you Alex.

And as always, whatever he may be doing at the moment, Kevin is right.

(especially about chicken and waffles....:laughing:

Totally OT but just yesterday I was listening to John C Dvorak talk about an article he did about the origins of 'nerd' and how it traced back to Dr. Seuss's "If I Ran the Zoo'.

if-i-ran-the-zoo.gif

You should be in Chat! There was plenty of geek'iness to go around!!

Don,

I was a nerd before there was a word for it. I guess that makes me a "pre-nerd." And chat falls during Mythbusters so when there is a new episode I'm conflicted. Chat is hard enough to follow as it is.

Now, when I get multiple monitors at home . . . .

You get lots more real estate!

6660_1089743119930_1117025522_30228721_5054062_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Think about how much more you would get if you put the name and text on the same line... Just sayin!!

Your welcome everyone glad we could get it going

Geek explanation- New version of photopost, which links into the boards had an awful freaking query. As Dennis our favorite programming expert put it:

"That and the huge IF statement in the join. So now not only are you creating a memory mess, but burning CPU cycles to analyze every ugly duplicated “languageid” field in that Cartesian product dataset"

For a lot of reasons I couldn't get rid of it but I managed to tune some stuff to take most of the sting out of it

Multiple Monitors helps!!
26478_1268249942489_1117025522_30636495_5050598_n.jpg

It also helps when you turn your monitor on its side for chat!

4880_1088429447089_1117025522_30224802_2121372_n.jpg

You get lots more real estate!

6660_1089743119930_1117025522_30228721_5054062_n.jpg

Ok - I am totally jealous and freaking out in a BIG WAY. This tech geek is about to explode!!!!!!

As Mike's wife, yes he truly is an uber geek! ;) And just for the record, all techie stuff must stay in his room - mission control!:3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter