Keurig machine rental

totallytigger

DIS Veteran
Our family of 13 are going to WDW 3/2012 and renting a vacation home in Windsor Hills. As there will be 8 adults with differing preferences for coffee, the Mr Coffee type machine provided with the house will not work well for us. Does anyone know of a place to rent a Keurig machine? We really don't want to spend money everyday at Dunkin Donuts for coffee on the go. :confused3

How many different kinds of coffee will people be drinking? Could you make a pot of basic coffee and people can add flavored creamer things? Or buy another Mr. Coffee and make 2 kinds of coffee for the 8 adults? I just know that a Keurig is quite expensive, as are the K-cups, and I've never heard of a rental company. Good luck on your quest!

Hi, Maybe each adult could put in about $12. and you could buy a single serve machine?? You could then each bring/buy your own K-cups. You could also have a raffle or contest to see who gets it when vacation is over :). Just an :idea:

Hi, Maybe each adult could put in about $12. and you could buy a single serve machine?? You could then each bring/buy your own K-cups. You could also have a raffle or contest to see who gets it when vacation is over :). Just an :idea:

This would work (although I agree with the person who suggested just making a pot or two and using creamers to change the flavors). Just split the cost among the people who want it and then have a drawing for it at the end (or you could have a little auction for it at the end with the auction payments being split among all who contributed). You can't really get all of the water out of the ones that have the water tank, so transporting it after it is used could be a problem. The smallest one without a water tank would not keep water in it, but it would take longer since it has to heat each cup individually and you would need to run it several times to get a single travel mug of coffee.

Calling a party or catering equipment rental place. I know I've seen one, or at least something very similar, set up at a party where all the stuff (tables, chairs, tablecloths, silverware, glasses, punch fountain, etc.) was rented for the event. I don't drink coffee myself, but I saw the little individual K-cups? and people using it.....
Just a thought........ :idea: :flower3:

P.S. The party was in someone's (huge) yard so I know the equipment wasn't provided by the "venue".

:rotfl2: A liitle spoiled are we?;)

I have a single cappacino machine at home-on Vacation I suck it up & bring instant cappacino powder that i stir in reg coffee

You might want to consider chipping in to buy one and then donating it to Give Kids the World or other place like that...

I wouldn't worry about it. If out of all the adults, nobody currently owns one then it sounds like everyone is drinking plain old coffee. Bringing the little creamer cups isn't that big of a deal considering all the other stuff you'll be bringing so I suggest that. Donating to the Give the Kids the World is a fabulous idea so if you guys want to pitch in and buy it that would be nice too.

Maybe you could post what day you are leaving and someone else would be willing to pick up, and "give something", or "trade" 1/2-3/4 of what you paid.

What about trying one of those office coffee supply places that come weekly to maintain an office coffee break room?? Maybe they require a longer term commitment though than one week? I don't know but may be worth trying.

In terms of trying to use the one regular pot and have people bring flavored creamers, what about those that want/need decaf? (e.g. my DH drinks decaf due to high blood pressure.) So you would need at least 2 pots (one regular, one decaf). Maybe someone could bring their regular pot to have as a second one available to the one in the condo?

Maggie

We have a Keurig mini that we keep in our Owners Locker so its there each time we vacation...if you have a bed bath and beyond coupon or Kohls you can get one for about $80..that's just over $6 per person...well worth it I think

Consider ordering a bunch of different Starbucks via packets. Then you can have different kindsbut you just need hot water. I used them on a camping trip and they were pretty good. Prefer my Kerrigan at home though.

We have a Keurig mini that we keep in our Owners Locker so its there each time we vacation...if you have a bed bath and beyond coupon or Kohls you can get one for about $80..that's just over $6 per person...well worth it I think

I am with you on this, it will take a while for all of you to get one cup of coffee, but it would work.

I however thing just bring creamers and such and make 2 pots of coffee would actually be faster and more cost effective. let us know how your search goes its would be interesting to see what the area has!

Thanks for all of the great ideas!! :goodvibes I actually found a thread with a discount code for Bealls and found a Keurig mini on their web site. They were also offering an additional 20% off and free shipping!! So I only paid 59.99 including shipping!! We all have larger machines at home, so we'll just bring K-cups with us. And in response to the person that asked if we're spoiled--YES definitely!! :)

:rotfl2: A liitle spoiled are we?;)

I have a single cappacino machine at home-on Vacation I suck it up & bring instant cappacino powder that i stir in reg coffee

That's what I was thinking. I would just do the creamer thing and/or spring for store bought (Dunkin Donuts?). It's only for a week isn't it? :laughing:

That's what I was thinking. I would just do the creamer thing and/or spring for store bought (Dunkin Donuts?). It's only for a week isn't it? :laughing:

We're actually there for 9 days. So 8 adults spending at least $2-$3/am for DD coffee adds up to at least $180-$200 just for coffee. Not including extra coffees at other times. The creamer idea is great for those that use cream but some drink it black. You may have a bottomless wallet--but we do not. This is the BUDGET board after all!! The solution that I previously posted will only cost each adult $7.50 for the week (split cost of machine) as we will bring k-cups from home. Thank you to all who posted ideas without sarcasm--but to the other few.......:sad2:

How long does it take to use the Keurig for each cup? Will it make a new cup after the previous one instantly? That would be my concern. 8 adults and takes 5 minutes per cup to make equals 40 minutes just for coffee to go around.

I personally hate those creamers and only like half and half. I also am picky about coffee, so I KNOW how *some people* (like me!) can be! :rotfl:

Dawn

The personal Disney Shooper rents a Keurig. It is $25, I think for length of stay. We haven't rented from her (yet?) but we did have her deliver groceries for us on our last trip.

The personal Disney Shooper rents a Keurig. It is $25, I think for length of stay. We haven't rented from her (yet?) but we did have her deliver groceries for us on our last trip.

Who is the personal shopper? :worship:

I would LOVE to rent a Keurig for our upcoming fall trip! I am a coffee snob and can't stand the nasty stuff WDW says is "coffee" (I'm from the Pacific NW, the coffee capital where coffee snobs are grown) ;) :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter