Kennedy Space Center Rocket Launch

TigersLions

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We are planning on stopping by on our way home to see the rocket launch. There are a ton of packages you can buy that include museum admission and rocket launch. It sounds like there are different tiers of viewing sections based on how much you pay. Does it matter where you stand to watch it or should we not worry about that. I will be bringing my big camera of course and would love a nice view to take shots but it's not a huge issue if I can't.

And yes, it is killing my kids that we will be in Florida and not be stopping at DW!

Thanks!!

The Apollo/Saturn V center is probably the best - it's where the important people usually are hanging out. (My boss was at a recent launch at the Saturn V center and saw Jimmy Buffet there :-) and you should be able to get some great camera shots. Do NOT look directly through binoculars or your camera at the time of launch - set up your camera and then use a remote to capture the pictures. Try to really just be in the moment and enjoy the launch.
That said, you can get great views from all around the area.
Be aware, of course, that launch dates and times are EXTREMELY flexible. Launches can be scrubbed at literally the last second for any number of reasons.
A launch is an amazing thing to see though - have fun!

Thank you! And sure enough, my husband just informed me that the launch was rescheduled :-). Next time! I am sure the museum is still worth checking out though. Thanks so much!

Bummer! Hopefully you catch one next time. And enjoy the space center. It's a really cool place.

We were there for the rocket launch last week (3/25) and it was packed! We didn't realize a launch was scheduled so we were unprepared for the crowd. It was scheduled for 2:36 and we were in line for the bus to the Apollo/Saturn V center by 12:45. The lines were HUGE and we didn't get on a bus until 2:10. We arrived and were out on the back lawn viewing area by 2:35. The launch was delayed a few minutes so we got to see it.

I don't know what the view would be from the bleachers but we saw quite a bit standing near to them. We didn't buy a special ticket.

I LOVED the Atlantis exhibit! It was inspiring when the shuttle was revealed during the presentation! Due to the crowds, we didn't see much else. The Hubble 3-D IMAX movie was also impressive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter