Kendra And Shane's DCL 9/11/08! Fairytale disaster :'(

It is breathtaking all lit up. I wish I had the flash off when they took our picture. I will have to check my photopass pictures once the cd comes for one lit up. I would love to ride around in that all lit up at night!!!

Wednesday Sept 10, Animal Kingdom day... I think I went with too high of hopes to the Animal Kingdom. We go in and it was a pretty nice day, however when you get inside Animal Kingdom, HOLY HANNAH it is hot!!! The sweat starts to poor off of you. So, we go in and get a fast pass to the safari and Shane and I head over to the rapids. I felt that the rapids were a little weak and my WHOLE right side got soaked. Then I go over and ride the roller coaster (by myself also, do single line and you don't have to wait in line), as I get off, I want to look at my picture and they wouldn't let me, they were pushing us all aside. Then Shane says, "did you get your year of a million dreams fast pass?" They were handing them out for Animal Kingdom and someone pushed me out of the way so, I missed out on that, but hey, I already won one for the Magic Kingdom, can't be too greedy ya know? So, then we go on the safari, and they kept pointing out bushes. All, I saw was bushes other then I think two giraffes and two elephants, and a sleeping lion. So, we decided that Animal Kingdom was not our thing and we head off to get the bus. We go back to the hotel and decide we want to pay the 89.00 to go to Blizzard Beach. So, we wait an hour for a bus (the longest we have waited yet) and as soon as we get to blizzard beach, run our tickets through the machine and look to see how much towel rental is, BOOM, thunder struck and the rain poured and then the lightning started. Then they closed the park. We were there FIVE MINUTES and now I am stuck with a ticket to a park which I may NEVER get to use!!! ARRRGGGH...So, we take our soaking wet selves back on the bus and head back and decide that the day is not ours so we do laundry and get stuff packed because we are getting ready for our cruise. Well, while I did some of the laundry Shane made Reservations over at riverside for dinner since we had a carriage ride planned for later that night. We get ready to go, the sky is clear, and we catch the ferry over to riverside. We eat dinner, a really great meal. And we walk outside and BOOM thunder and lightning and the rain poors down. We had to cancel our carriage ride. So, we head off to DTD instead to do some shopping and wait for our big cruise day to come.

Yeah, what is it about AK that makes it hotter than all the other parks? It's INSANELY hot in there!

Man, you sure aren't getting any pixie dust are you?!? Bad rides, bad guests, bad CM's and unforunatley, crappy weather! I sure hope it starts to get better!

9/11/08 Our TRUE WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TO BE!!!

Well, we packed all our luggage and left it in the room and took off for the Polynesian. (make sure that if you have breakfast elsewhere that you make arrangements with that hotel to take the Cruise bus from that hotel). I just had to have breakfast with Lilo and Stitch before I got married.
stitch.jpg
stitch3.jpg
And there is nothing better then getting a surprise visit from Mickey too!!
stitch1.jpg
stitch2.jpg
I really had to have the Mickey Waffles that everyone RAVES about.
stitch4.jpg
I must say I had the best Mickey Waffles here at the Poly though. They were crunchy and to die for. And all you could eat! This was the best breakfast ever, and would DEFINATELY do this one again!

Sorry for not updating for awhile, my three year old had tonsilitis, strep and an ear infection all on my birthday. And then, I had to go through radiation. So, sorry for no recent updates.

Anyway, we left for the cruise ship,
boat.jpg
We had a really nice ride down from the Polynesian to the Wonder.
boat2.jpg
There were not too many people on the bus ride. Which made it really relaxing.

Once we were on the ship we went to have lunch up at topsiders, and once we were done, we went to put our things in our room and go to meet our fellow DISers in the promenade lounge. It was awesome to make some new friends. After that, we had to meet Rufaro, and have our civil ceremony.
civil.jpg
I was not expecting a full blown out ceremony with flowers and full drawn out vows.
civil1.jpg
So, when it came time to saying our vows I fell apart during the "in sickness and health" line. It felt like I held everything up for ten minutes crying but I know it was only less then a minute.
civil2.jpg

It was really beautiful and I LOVE how Walt Disney was my witness!!! :)
civil3.jpg

kendra..i forget if I asked you this already...how was Rufaro?? Did you tell her I said "hi!"?

DisneyDmbNut~ Rufaro was AMAZING!!! I did tell her you said hi!!! She laughed, I told her we were making her famous and she said she is going to have to write a book. (jokingly) I asked her about all her bridezillas, and we laughed for quite awhile. She is the most amazing woman I have ever met!!! I was so blessed to have her. She made EVERYTHING perfect!!!

After the ceremony, we met with our wedding coordinator Rufaro, (she was also at the ceremony) but we sat down and talked about the plans and if there was anything that we needed. And, if there was anything that we should give her a call. Well after that, Shane and I went down to the room, We had a beautiful bowl of fruit, found all kinds of notes about credits that we didn't know we had and then, I grabbed, my tiara out of my luggage and headed up to the spa to meet with my hair stylist. Shane and I were going to meet up for the Sail away party. Well, while I was meeting with Geraldine (fabulous hairstylist from Australia), Shane was checking out the room. While he was there he noticed we had an adjoining room. Then he heard it!! :confused: He heard the SCREAMS from an infant. :headache: Now we both have kids, however we left our kids behind so we could relax and be in peace and quiet. Meanwhile, Geraldine, asked me about what I was going to do for my makeup and I told her I had NO clue, and was hoping there was a makeup artist on board. She informed me there was not. :confused3 So I sighed, and then she said she would be more then happy to help me out!!! :thumbsup2 This made me fill up with the good warm and fuzzies. She just asked to bring my makeup (which I don't carry much) she also said that she was going to bring her as well. So off to the Sail Away party with the good news! :goodvibes

So, I head up to the Sail away party
port5.jpg
and realize, I can't find Shane because I could not remember if I left him at the front or the aft of the ship!!! I spent the WHOLE party looking for him running back and forth!!! ARGGGHH.. It looked like a lot of fun though! I did finally find him with a drink in hand...

Well, we go back to the room after I find him and there are three kids pounding on the adjoining door and an infant crying. We had enough, we called Rufaro to see if we could move, and she got us another room. However, I wasn't paying any attention as to where I was on the ship, and she upgraded us from our inside room to an outside room!!!! We got a porthole!

This is what we woke up to the day of our wedding
port.jpg

Then another ship docked next to us.
port4.jpg

So, on the day of our wedding, we got up and spent an hour in Nassau. We went to the straw market so I could buy my daughter something, just like my parents bought me on their honeymoon and just like my sister did on her honeymoon. (I think it is a family tradition now). We didn't spend too much time in Nassau because we did not want to wander too far since I had hair appointments at three and I was so afraid of getting lost. So we spent time checking out the ship and exploring on our own. We did have lunch at Triton's together since we were going to miss out because we were doing palo instead.

Well, I might as well, get to the good stuff. Geraldine did my hair and makeup for me. I was very happy to have her help. She didn't even charge me for the makeup, so I tipped her very well, to thank her.

I got dressed, and waited for Rufaro to come and get me and bring me to the wedding. As we are going up the elevator, I realized I forgot to tell her that we wrote our own vows, Poof the elevator opened and one of her coworkers Ashley joined us. The elevator closed and she told me that he was coming to take pictures for Shane and I, as well as our photographer. (Ashley took AWESOME pictures for us on our camera). Then rufaro told me to wait with Ashley while she informed the captain about our vows. She came back and then brought me to the door of the secret aft of deck 7.
port2.jpg
I could not believe they decorated the stairs too!
port3.jpg

Once we were there, I took a deep breath and she opened the door for us.
Wedding1.jpg
I know I had some disney music playing but I was awe struck to see my groom.
Wedding2.jpg

And my groom was happy to see me.
wedding3.jpg

I think Captain Henry was even happy for both of us!
wedding5.jpg

Kendra -- You looked beautiful! So happy you got the pixiedust with the new cabin. Can't wait to hear more!

YOu look beautiful! How cute they decorated the stairs!

Yea, Kendra, you look so beautiful! Can't wait to read more and see more photos! An extra YEA!!!!! For an upgrade!!!

We then shared our vows,
vows.jpg
and then we kissed
vows1.jpg

Now, for those DCL brides out there if you have someone in your party that wouldn't mind being two levels above, you can have some awesome pictures from a different perspective. Our table mates from the night before were walking by and remembered where we were getting married and took some pictures for us. We had NO idea until dinner on the last night.
sky.jpg

sky1.jpg

sky2.jpg

sky3.jpg

sky4.jpg

sky5.jpg

:woohoo: Congrats on outside view pixie dust!

That is awesome to have all of those unexpected shots of your ceremony! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter