Kelloggs Mini Wheats Recall

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Leajess99, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Leajess99

Leajess99 DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. adisneymama

adisneymama DIS Veteran

Of course mine are affected. What are we suppose to do about it? I didn't really see any instructions on the link you posted.
    Thanks!

4. girli565

girli565 A Miami kind of girl

We buy the fruit filled ones so we're not affected. Good too because those things fly in my house.

5. DCbride

DCbride DIS Veteran

tel:800-962-1413 between 8&6 ET. I am guessing they will take your info and send you a coupon for a box. Not sure how you prove you have a box though. ...

6. Disneysparkle

Disneysparkle Spreading the Pixie Dust

Thanks for posting. I have a half eaten box....uuuuugh! Will return tomorrow.

7. North of Mouse

North of Mouse DIS Veteran

Thank you so much! I have two boxes that are unopened, always keep a good supply for DH who loves them. Guess I will have to wait and call them tomorrow.

8. North of Mouse

North of Mouse DIS Veteran

Oops!! Just thought I had two boxes - hubby already ate one. Suffered no ill effects that I know of. I don't think I will tell him about this ;)

9. DawnM

DawnM Dawn

I have two boxes I just bought recently. I will call tomorrow.

10. StuckInKS

StuckInKS DIS Veteran

Well we have two unopened packs which no longer have the boxes. Guess i'll be tossing both of them.

11. Swimalie

Swimalie DIS Veteran

We have the double pack from Costco. One bag gone, the other half gone but our end date is just outside the dates listed. Now we're not sure about eating them. They are probably safe but are they really worth it?!

12. pyrxtc

pyrxtc <font color=deeppink>Married 10-5-02<br><font colo

thanks ! I have 1 1/2 boxes left, started with 4 but 2 are gone already. guess I'm calling today.

And since we all obviously eat Kellogg's cereal. here is an awesome promotion for buying it.

http://halloween.kelloggs.com/

free Monster's High Trick or treat reusable bag. i got 3 yesterday at my local store but it look like you can mail in a form also. Plus that link has a form for getting a $10 rebate when you purchase Brave and two boxes of Kellogg's cereal.

http://halloween.kelloggs.com/HalloweenBagOrderForm.pdf

http://halloween.kelloggs.com/BraveRebateForm.pdf

I should add that the rebate will work on any Disney*Pixar Combo pack not just Brave.

13. minniebeth

minniebeth <font color=green>I count on y'all to keep me up t

Just recently bought 5 boxes (stock up w/coupons) and they are on the recall list. Does anyone know if you can bring them back to the store instead of calling Kellogg's?
    I have gotten recall phone calls from Kroger, but generally waaay after we've already used the products. :upsidedow
    OP, thank you so much for posting about this recall!

14. pyrxtc

pyrxtc <font color=deeppink>Married 10-5-02<br><font colo

tried calling today but got busy signals and then a machine telling me their phone lines are busy and to try again later.

15. horseshowmom

horseshowmom DIS Veteran

Yep, tried a bunch of times and got either busy signals or a recording.

16. blessedby3

blessedby3 Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna

I have 3 boxes in my pantry, but thankfully none are included in the recall. I also tried calling for a while, but only got a busy signal. Finally got on the internet and looked it up. Hope you all can get through soon.

17. MrsWendy

MrsWendy Earning My Ears

I went to the Contact Us part of the Kelloggs web site, clicked on the "Consumer Affairs" link in the email section and filled in the information.

Two days later I received an email instructing me to throw away the box. The email said that I would receive a coupon for a new box in about a week. I didn't have to do anything to prove that I bought one of the recalled boxes. It was a simple process.

18. iheartdisney

iheartdisney DIS Veteran

One thing I love about sams club! They emailed me this week and let me know. I had bought the variety pack over the summer and I only had one box of Mini-wheats left but they gave me a full refund anyway.

19. horseshowmom

horseshowmom DIS Veteran

I got the email too. I actually have all 3 of the boxes of Mini-Wheats left. I was wondering whether they are going to give me a refund since most of the rest of the box is empty.