Keens gave me blister?!

babywewe

Mouseketeer
I walked for 3miles today and my keens gave me a blister on my heal. I wore them loose. Do you wear them tight and snug? Mole skin would help or body glid...or both

babywewe said:
I walked for 3miles today and my keens gave me a blister on my heal. I wore them loose. Do you wear them tight and snug? Mole skin would help or body glid...or both

I cannot speak from experience BUT I did buy BODY GLIDE for my DS' DGF as she just ran a 26 mile Marathon in NJ and she said in preparing for the Marathon the BODY GLIDE was amazing!! She used it for every practice run and esp for the Marathon :teeth:
I also have the MOLESKIN and I have used that myself and I really like that as well....so OP, bottomline I think either one will help you! :thumbsup2

I bought a pair of Keens for our 10 day trip and wore them almost everyday and didn't get a blister nor did I have any other discomfort. I did not wear them at all before we left.

I wore them kind of tight. Not real tight, but definetly not loose.

I find they support my feet better if I tighten the cord. (I have been wearing them for 3 years!) Like the previous poster I (and my two daughters) wore them straight out of the box and they were great. For WDW I have worn various pairs of Newport H2Os and love them. I ordered the newer style "Venice" and just wearing them around the house, I could feel them rubbing on the back of my foot so I returned them. I have several other styles I wear on a daily basis with no problem, that Venice was a killer, though. :guilty:

I do suggest ordering a size larger than you normally wear. Keens tend to run a bit on the small side. My girls actually got horrid blisters from Crocs of all things!! Anything is possible. :confused3

I agree that BodyGlide is great stuff, but you really shouldn't need it with the Keens. They are great shoes if they are fitting right.

Lives4Disney :)

I wear a 9.5 and the 10 newport fit way too snug. I bought the venice and they are great for short walks, the mall, around the house. I just did this 3 mile walk and they killed the back of my heals. Any longer and i would have gotten a full blown blister. Like i said, i was wearing them loss, perhapes i should try tightening them up..

My Keens are the Venice H2's. I liked the comfy bottom better than the Newports. My Mother didn't like the Venice at all and she got the Newport H2 I think. I can't remember what she didn't like about the Venice H2's.

We didn't order online. We got them at the Walking Company which was good because we could try them out. I had never owned a pair of Keen sandals before.

I really don't think you should have to break them in for a good fit. But maybe try to tighten them. If thats not it, I would return them and try another style.

These are the ones I have.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/pdp_page.cfm?productID=20

babywewe said:
I wear a 9.5 and the 10 newport fit way too snug. I bought the venice and they are great for short walks, the mall, around the house. I just did this 3 mile walk and they killed the back of my heals. Any longer and i would have gotten a full blown blister. Like i said, i was wearing them loss, perhapes i should try tightening them up..

I think the Venice is just a bad design for Keen. (That's why I kind of guessed that was the style you had trouble with) I have about 10 pairs of Keens in different styles and have been wearing primarily Keens for about 3 years and the Venice just didn't feel right to me that's why I wound up sending them back to Zappos. Every other pair of Keens I own, I have worn straight from the box with no troubles at all. Same with my girls - and that includes lots of trips to WDW. Sorry you had this problem.

Lives4Disney :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter