• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kaylee & Alan - Caribbean Beach Oct/Nov 2000 - Day 7

KayleeUK

Still here.....
Kaylee & Alan’s Trip Report Day 7 – Epcot, Beaches & Cream and Disneyquest

Day 7

Cast
Kaylee – aged 26, first time visitor to WDW - Bride
Alan – aged 28, second visit to WDW, first when he was 8 – Groom

Up early again for Early Entry (EE) at Epcot. Went out and caught the bus – it didn’t take long to arrive. We started by doing Test Track, which we thought was good but expected more. Next up was Spaceship Earth – we found this interesting but not the sort of thing you would do twice. Universe of Energy was next – can you believe I fell asleep in Ellen’s show – I am not a big Dinosaur lover you see. We had breakfast at the Electric Umbrella at Innoventions East Side. Breakfast was a Cheese and Egg Bagel for me and Bacon and Egg Bagel for Alan with Hash Browns and Coffee, I don’t think this was too expensive, we sat out in the sun which was really nice.

After looking at yet another Pin Station and buying a few more pin’s, I told Alan we should go to Ice Station Cool. I also convinced him to try a lovely glass of Beverly – he was not that impressed with it though. Some of the other drink’s were nice though.

We looked around Canada and the UK – its probably the only place I have seen a red telephone box in a long time. We walked through the International Gateway to catch the boat to the Yacht and Beach Club ( we hadn’t realised it was so close), the boat trip was nice and I was looking forward to my burger at Beaches and Cream. I read about this in somebody’s trip report and really wanted to visit it. We had a look around the Y & B Club and we were very impressed – Alan especially with Stormalong Bay(the pool). I was looking for the Gazebo where they do the wedding’s, we found it in front of the Yacht Club. It was one of the choices for our wedding – but we are glad we didn’t pick it as it is very overlooked by the room’s. There was a twenty minute wait for Beaches and Cream the hostess said and tried to convince us to go to another place where there was no wait ( I can’t remember the name), I said no thank you we will wait. We sat by the pool and it was no more than 5 minutes before we were called.

It was great inside like a fifties diner. I ordered a Cappachio Float (becoming one of my favourites and a Veggie Burger and Fries and Alan had Cherry Coke Float and Burger and Fries. The burgers were yummy and we were absolutely stuffed. Our waited asked if we wanted dessert – but we couldn’t manage it. We vowed to return for Sundaes another day. We went back to the CBR via Epcot and sat by the pool, we also went in the Spa. There were rules for the Spa like children to be accompanied by an adult etc – but we ended up in the Spa with about 8 kids at one time – not very romantic. As we left I brought some more pin’s and a Pin book (like a photo album) to keep them all in, my pin lanyard was not a success I kept losing them.

We went back to our room and got showered and changed for Disneyquest. Alan was sooo looking forward to this. Our friends arranged for us to pick up free tickets at guest services, that was a sweet touch. We firstly decided to do Buzz Lightyears AstroBlaster, there were some teenage boy’s in the queue who saw us looking at our map and made some suggestions on what we should do.

Thanks for the wonderful report - luv reading them!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter