Kaylee & Alan - Caribbean Beach Oct/Nov 2000 - Day 5

KayleeUK

Still here.....
Kaylee & Alan’s Trip Report - Day 5 – Breakfast with Cindy, The Wedding and Dinner at Victoria and Alberts

Cast
Kaylee – aged 26, first time visitor to WDW - Bride
Alan – aged 28, second visit to WDW, first when he was 8 – Groom

We were up and out of the door at 7.30am this morning, we had a breakfast date with Cindy. Today we wore our Mickey and Minnie, Bride and Groom Ear’s, this was the only day Alan would wear them. They caused a lot of attention with lots of congratulations. Our P.S was for 8.45am, but as we were early we were seated by 8.20am. Our table was sprinkled with Mickey confetti and Alan was called Prince and I was called Princess throughout breakfast.

Our server took our order this isn’t a buffet but a plated breakfast, I had scrambled eggs, pancakes and a doughnut thing with fresh fruit too. We saw Cinderella, Snow White, Mary Poppins, Belle and Aladdin – who all made a special fuss because of our ‘ears’. We had photos and autographs (for my collection with them all). We also got a present from Cinderella – two champagne glasses with Cinderella’s Royal Table on them. We had a great time and saw the Fairy Godmother on the way out.

Fantasyland had just opened and Mickey was riding Dumbo, we headed for the Snow White ride, Winnie the Pooh and the tea cups. We saw Baloo – who took Alan’s Groom Ears and put them on for a photo of us as well as King Louie, Rafiki and Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee. Our last ride of today was the Jungle Cruise, in Adventureland we got a glass slipper engraved with ‘K & A WDW 2000’ and asked for it to be delivered to our room. We left the MK at about 10.30am to give us time to get the bus back to CBR.

At 12.30 a lady from Disney Cosmetology arrived to do my hair and make-up and Alan’s suit was delivered and my dress steamed. After we were both dressed and ready we exchanged presents – I got Alan a pocket watch engraved with ‘To Infinity & Beyond 1st Nov 2000’ and Alan brought me a white and yellow gold cross to match our rings. Brad our Limo driver arrived and off we went to ‘Sunset Pointe’ at The Polynesian Resort. When we arrived we were met by Lynn, our wedding co-ordinator, who I have corresponded with by email for the last 6 months or so. Our photographer Rick Ferro was waiting with Alan’s family, as we were a little early we stared doing some photo’s in the garden’s of The Poly. Reverend Tim was running ten minutes late (hey – I thought that was supposed to be the bride) when he arrived Lynn arranged for us all to go up to Sunset Pointe on these ‘golf cart things’.

As I started to walk up the ‘aisle’ Alan came down and met me half way we had a Disney violinist playing the traditional song’s and also Disney Classics, we exchanged our vow’s on a beautiful day in a beautiful setting. Rings were exchanged and we were married. We were passed Disney’s Fairytale Cuvee to toast with and we cut the cake, a two-tier sponge with chocolate filling with a Mickey and Minnie cake topper. We also fed it to each other – no cake smushing though! Lynn presented us with our Wedding Certificate signed my Mickey and Minnie and Limited Edition Cinderella’s Castle, his and her watches. We took more pictures after this – on the beach – shoes full of sand and more in the gardens. We then took the limo to the Grand Floridian and had drinks in Mizner’s lounge. It was a small lounge probably max capacity seated 25-30, you could here the music from downstairs which was lovely and at about 5pm a band turned up just outside all playing Disney classic song’s. At around 5.45pm Alan’s family left and we spent about half an hour alone before dinner.

At 6.15pm we went next door to Victoria and Alberts for our reservation. We were greeted with ‘Mr and Mrs Robbins we are honoured you have chosen to spend part of your wedding day with us’.

Our menu’s were

Kaylee -
Fried Green Tomatoes with Field Greens, 100 year Balsamic
Timbale of Roasted Root Vegetables with Chanterelles
Tomato-Basil Cream
Mini Pumpkin with Sweet Potato Puree and Miniature Vegetables, Saffron Beurre Blanc
Roucoulons, Passendale and Royal Stilton with Burgundy Poached Pear
Kona Chocolate Soufflé
Coffee, Friandises

Alan -
South Texas Boar with Braised Cabbage Slaw and Gewurstraminer Vinaigrette
Key West Shrimp and Rock Shrimp with Curry-Coconut Cream
Buffalo Consommee
Grilled Beef Filet over Mushroom Risotto and Chanterelles
Roucoulons, Passendale and Royal Stilton with Burgundy Poached Pear
Vanilla Bean Crème Brulee
Coffee, Friandises

Dinner was gorgeous and the menus are personalised for you to take away. Our servers, of course were ‘Victoria and Albert’. An American couple sent cocktails to us and when we left we were given Victoria and Alberts Chocolate and I was given a red rose. During the meal the maitre de kept checking we were OK. We had the Wine pairings with our menu’s too. The restaurant was very small and intimate and a harpist played in the corner.

After dinner we headed back to the CBR.

Dinner was $240.00 with wine pairing’s

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter