Katie $ Matt's Planning Session TR

Day 3 - Monday

We wake up nice and early and head to the Animal Kingdom. We know how packed this park gets after a couple of hours in the morning.

*** Nausea alert: There are many pics of DF and myself because my sis went a little crazy with the camera!

Here we are!
IMGP3879.jpg

At the Tree!
IMGP3775.jpg

We head over to EE first because Matt had never been. Love the ride!
IMGP3783.jpg

View from EE
P2150047.jpg

On the ride!
P2150044.jpg

Going backwards....
P2150052.jpg

P2150053.jpg

P2150058.jpg

I think he likes it!
P2150066.jpg

From there we hit up the Safari...
IMGP3784.jpg

Hippos!
IMGP3793.jpg

Crikey! Crocs!
IMGP3802.jpg

Mufasa's Murderer
IMGP3813.jpg

Giraffe
IMGP3816.jpg

Dumbo/Big Red/Little Red/Tantar....whoever you want to call it!
IMGP3826.jpg

Rhinos!
IMGP3840.jpg

To be continued....

It looks like you are having fun so far! You two are adorable together. I can't wait to read more! Oh, and I love all the pictures!!

wow you got some great pics on the safari and EE! Looks like you guys really had an awesome trip!!!

So after that, we decide to go on Dinosaur. After, we head to Camp Minnie & Mickey and visit some characters!

Kenai and Koda getting all excited about the Engagement buttons
IMGP3850.jpg

IMGP3851.jpg

Chip N Dale
IMGP3853.jpg

Matt's Favorite - Donald!
IMGP3854.jpg

The Man himself!
IMGP3864.jpg

IMGP3865.jpg

We decided that we wanted to head out because it was getting very crowded.

But not before we saw these guys!
IMGP3870.jpg

IMGP3873.jpg

IMGP3878.jpg

We get to Hollywood Studios and run into my Aunt and Uncle! It wasn't a surprise because we asked them to meet us there...they were over from Tampa. So we meet up and head over to the Great Movie Ride!!!
IMGP3880.jpg

IMGP3883.jpg

I LOVE this ride!

Matt really had wanted to see the Action Motor Show.....and I had never been so we went.
IMGP3890.jpg

IMGP3898.jpg

IMGP3928.jpg

IMGP3931.jpg

To be continued.....

Hollywood Studios Cont....

So we hit Muppets...always a fave!
IMGP3934.jpg

We breezed past Toy Story Mania and the wait was ridiculous so we decided to skip it for the day...

Last stop...Tower of Terror! Matt really wanted to go on this....
IMGP3937.jpg

IMGP3938.jpg

Creepy....
IMGP3941.jpg

Super creepy...
IMGP3943.jpg

Ahhh!
IMGP3946.jpg

So we survived the Tower of Terror and decided that we were tired and wanted to go....

Some parting shots...
IMGP3949.jpg

IMGP3954.jpg

So we decided to go to Fuddrucker's for dinner! YUM! If you haven't gone, GO!!!

Think Pecos Bill's fixings bar!

After our bellies were way full, we headed back to the resort and crashed....

Next up (I know you have been waiting patiently)....the Planning Session!!!

Day 3: Planning Session!!

So we get up and get ready to head to Franck's to finally meet our wedding planner! Our little group consisted of my Mom, my aunt, Matt and I. We sent by father, brother, sister, and uncle to EPCOT for the morning and they were going to meet us at the Yacht Club later on.

So we hop in my Aunt's car and we get lost on the way there! :roll: Hey, we are not used to heading towards the "ritzy" resorts so we are not accustomed :lol:

We get to Franck's (finally!) and of course, see the giant cake...
P2160081.jpg

While waiting for Celeste, we look around the place and see some gorgeous little details and inspiration pics...Oh, how I wish I was rich!
P2160077.jpg

P2160087.jpg

So we meet Celeste, and she gets us some refreshments! How lovely!

We talk about all the little ins and outs of the wedding, rehearsal, reception, and dessert party....and then onto the cake tasting!!!!
P2160089.jpg

P2160092.jpg

Ignore the odd faces...
P2160093.jpg

P2160094.jpg

We discussed the cake (I'll put our decision on my PJ!) and then we pretty much wrapped up for that portion.

We spoke to Rose about the flowers....we are only doing a petal toss so that was a quick thing...

After that, we headed towards the Yacht Club to get a peek at Ariel's and get my Aunt's opinion on some decor options before the menu tasting.

Next up......the menu tasting!

Great PS TR so far! I love looking around at Franks because you can get so many ideas but then you stop and remember "Hey! What am I thinking? I'm not rich."

Can't wait for more.

The Tasting!!!!

We called the rest of the family (who were in EPCOT) and told them to come on over. They wanted to be there!

So for those of you who don't know, the tasting is usually for 4 people....bride, groom, and a parent or two. So it was going to be me, Matt, my father, and my sister. My mom doesn't really eat this type of food.

So they get us drinks and start the meal. Celeste and the chef (I don't remember his name lol) sit with us and explain everything that we are receiving.

I had not set a menu yet so I request different things that I thought we might want.

First salad:
IMGP4009.jpg

My sis enjoying the salad:
IMGP4010.jpg

My Aunt, father (eating happily), and my bro (who is obviously thrilled)
IMGP4011.jpg

Matt chowing down:
IMGP4013.jpg

The whole table:
IMGP4014.jpg

Hi!
IMGP4016.jpg

Look at these cute butters....one didn't make it.
IMGP4018.jpg

Dad eating pasta salad with mussels....he does not like mussels, but he said that they were really good...
IMGP4020.jpg

Some sort of beef that I would not eat...so I handed it off to my bro....
IMGP4021.jpg

Everyone said it was good, but Matt and my sis would have liked it more done.

Penne Alla Vodka! Now this is something I like!
IMGP4022.jpg

I didn't realize it would have so many onions...which I hate....so I requested the sauce smooth for the wedding.

Chicken Parm with Mashed potatoes
IMGP4023.jpg

My sis said that they were the best mashed she had ever tasted! But we are going to do skin in.

When it came to the chicken, they liked, but they had some criticism.....I swear, my sis and Dad sounded like they were on the Iron Chef :)

And then...
IMGP4024.jpg

IMGP4025.jpg

Oh my god...to die for! Absolutely out of this world!

After the tasting, we bid our goodbye's to the chef and Celeste and headed out.

At this point, we had to bring Matt to the airport because he had work the next day.

So we went thru EPCOT to get o the car and then dropped him at MCO. :(

After that, we headed back to the room and relaxed. Went to Bennigan's that night for dinner (which stunk!) and then to bed.

So that's the PS! If you are still interested, I will finish the full trip report over the next few days!

ohh that food looks yummy! What is your final menu, did you decide yet?

I just read your TR and you made me hungry lol

Im glad your sister liked the mash its my most favourite food and I really want it for our reception main dish yummy

Tinks 1989: I'm the infamous mashed potatoes junky (sister)! They were phenomenal! I love having skin and some chucks left in the mashed, and they had all of that but still had such a creamy texture and so much flavor without needing gravy! My sis's DF actually couldn't finish his, so guess who got his portion too :rolleyes1 And yes, since my sis is having a buffet, I plan on stopping at the mashed first and filling my plate up, then putting some meat on top, hehe! The meat will be the side dish!

If anyone wants to know any details about the taste of the food, since my sis doesn't eat much of what was served, please just ask her and I will respond with details! I love my food :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter