Katie has moved!

Janice

Super Shopper
Well finally, Katie and Ian have moved into their new flat.

She is so excited, I popped to see her yesterday with some shopping as Ian had gone to work and forgot to leave the keys - and she was happily <b>CLEANING THE WINDOWS!</b> Wonders will never cease LOL. Today she is getting another key cut :rolleyes:

We now have an empty room where I can at last start emptying the loft into so that I can start sifting through the mountain of stuff we seem to have accumulated over the years into:

Must keep, could not possibly live without (even though 'it' might not have seen the light of day for years)!

Should get rid of's (who can I give this to without offending?)

Recycle Shops (Oxfam, Barnardo's and the like - we have hundreds of them here on Canvey)

Lone Rangers (to the dump, to the dump, to the dump, dump, dump - as sang to the Lone Ranger theme tune - and yes you need to be of a certain age to appreciate this!) LOL

So.......I am going to be busy.

Oh - and she has only been gone since Saturday, they popped over Sunday for Lunch, I took her to Chelmsford Monday for a Store Approval (she is doing some promotional work for a new Perfume Launch), took her to the Dentist Tuesday, Shopping yesterday..........havent seen her yet today, but there is still time! LOL

I miss her so much already.

Oh, Jan! Bet yer don't know whether to laugh or cry?

Happy but sad.
Proud but sad.
Glad to get the room back but sad.

Okay, so we'll just sit here a cry awhile!

Don't start goin thorugh the attic mind! That'll just start us off again.

Doesn't the old saying go something like:
"You haven't so much lost a daughter as gained a bathroom"?

Sounds as though you'll be gaining an attic as well ;), and somehow, I have a sneaky suspicion you'll be getting frequent visitors for Sunday lunch........

..... I do NOT envy you the loft job! We moved three years ago and I could not believe the amount of stuff up there. DH is such a hoarder :rolleyes: The trips to charity shops & the dump plus box packing seemed never ending. ( Plus having to persuade DH that some of the toot had to go! (..... and NOT to the new house!)
I have an idea ! Perhaps you'd be best to go to WDW and let the others get on with it :D ! Then perhaps they could unpack whilst you go to the SW DIS meet ............. just an idea ;)

Very best wishes and good luck in her new home to Katie :) :) :)

Janice,

None of mine have left home yet,but it must be so mixed feelings about your off-spring being so independant.
You must be very proud you have bought up such a lovely,clever,funny girl.But a bit sad as she makes her own home now.

When I moved in to a flat of my own I actually saw more of my Mum than I did when I lived at home.It wasn't until then I realsed how much she'd done for me:)

Yeahhhh for Katie and Ian :bounce: :bounce:

Oh god Janice I've got do my loft when I get back from hols as Steve and I have to go through all the stuff that's up there and split it. Most of it has been up there for 6 years and I haven't wanted any of it in that time so I'm thinking just get rid of it......apart from all the old love letters, school reports etc......I couldn't possible get rid of them.

I can't wait for the day my two leave home - what's all this about seeing more of them after they leave?! :eek:

Seriously, I'm always thinking to myself that I'll be glad when they leave (when I hoover the stairs for the thousandth time in a day, when I find foundation on the towel that's only been in the bathroom for 45 minutes, when I find pasta sauce all over the lid of the bin - you know the sort of thing), and then have to immediately chastise myself because I know I'll hate it when they're gone.

The other day after I'd cleaned the bathroom, I found a load of post-it notes over everything:

<b>This IS a flannel - use it to get yourselves clean</b> (on the hand towel)
<b>VERY exensive shampoo - to be shared by all the family</b> (on my designer shampoo)
<b>After 'borrowing' make-up leave it in a dreadful mess</b> (on my make-up bag)
<b>Leave foundation finger-prints here</b> (on the back of the door)
<b>After using, leave residue</b> (on the bath).

<i>Do you think I've been nagging too much?</i>

Pleased to hear that Katie's enjoying it, Jan. I remember the excitement of moving into my first house. The window-cleaning novelty doesn't last long though, does it? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter