Katie & Brian May 17, 2008 WP -IS - AAR

:hourglass So I don't think I mentioned But while in NY we got our APs and final signed contract back. We also got a nice thank you from out coordinator and two super cute lugage tags that say Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings on them. Totally going to use them for the Honeymoon!:woohoo:

Today I FINALLY, after 3 packets had been sent, recieved my JACK PACK in the mail from Rev. Jack Day. They were really good with communication but I'm pretty sure the pckets kept getting messed up b/c we live in a new development thats not really on the map yet and a lot of mail gets to us with the Address does not exist stamped on it. So I know it wasn't their fault, but yea! I got it. The oiptions they sent over look really nice. We want a civil ceremony but with a little regligion in it. So I was glad to see there was lots of options and that we could mix and match and add/delete whatever we wanted. :cool1:

Tonight I'm starting to glue all the little crystals on the invites Lets see how long that takes me :hourglass Wish me luck!

I just have to say that I am so excited to see you planning like this. My SIL's wedding is the 14th, just 3 days before yours. And she hasn't done anything to plan. I'm a Type A planner, so I'm chomping at the bits. We're having dinner next week, so I'm hoping to help her get some things up and running. She's much more laid back and it'll get done when it gets done.

hey just wondering who designed your dress? its beautiful :)

The dress is from Allure Bridal

http://www.allurebridals.com

I just found it at a bridal shop. It was so NOT what I set out to get. I was looking for one of those dresses that has the color in them. I wanted pink in my dress and this style was not what I was looking at either I wanted a plain A-line. But when I put this dress on :bride: That was it all other choices went out the window! :love:

Where did you find them ? they are so cute

The wonds I saw at a special occations shoe store in NY. I bought them spontaniously when I saw them but have seen them several places since like flea markets and other bridal stores. I bet you can find them on ebay too!

OK my parents are set to come down from NY the first week in Nov. like the 3-7ish. They aren't sure if they are going to fly into Orlando or Tampa b/c we don't really know our schedule yet for the weekend. And they may decide to drive. I am tring to book my mother's and my hair and makeup trials for either saturday or sunday of that weekend. Then try to get someone to show us around our sites on Saturday b/c my parents haven't seen them yet! Then our plaaning session which i HAVE booked will be Monday Nov 5th at 1pm. So I am very excited about all this stuff! Plus the epcot wine a food fest is going on then MMMM Canada's beer cheese soup! Oh So Tasty!! :woohoo:

I've wanted to go to the Food & Wine Festival for a long time, so I'm so jealous. I'm sure you'll have a great trip. It's so much fun going to the planning session. We head down this week for our menu tasting and engagement pictures and I can't wait!

Yeah! Date Twins!! :bride: :bride: Congrats to you guys too!!! we are hangin out a few days afterwards to spend time with guest who are making a vacation out of it so if your honeymooning right after your wedding maybe I'll spot you with your wedding ears! :wave2:

And everyone Thanks for all the kind words!! :goodvibes

Yeah!!! I'll keep my eyes peeled for your wedding ears as well!!!:banana:

Ok so things have been hectic and I haven't had a lot of time to sit on my computer and just up date my planning journal so here goes a HUGE update to get thing up to speed to where I am.

First off we had our plannnig session back in Nov. It went really well. We sat with the chef and got to try everything from lobster to the sorbe and slipper course! I loved it!
DSC02522.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC02524.jpg

DSC02528.jpg

DSC02525.jpg

We talked tto the chef for quite a while and discussed all the things we liked. In the end he really did listen. He came up with a world Showcase buffet designed around all different countries. Here's the menu:

American Station
Creamy Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Cooked To Order Lobster Tail
Main Lobster Tail Steamed to Order with Rich Drawn Butter
Potato Martini
Yukon Gold, Sweet and Purple Peruvian Potatoes in Martini Glasses
Ready to be Topped with Your Favorite Toppings
Shredded Cheddar, Bacon Bits, Chives, Cinnamon Sugar and Whipped Butter to Name a Few
Carved to Order
Herb Crusted Tenderloin of Beef
Accompanied by a Cabernet Reduction

Canadian Station
Canadian Beer Cheese Soup and Warm Pretzel Bread
Carved to Order
Lingonberry Glazed Pork Tenderloin
And Cinnamon Apple Pancakes
Hazelnut Crusted Salmon Laced with a Maple Glaze

Asian Station

Soba Noodle Salad
Soba Noodles Tossed with Baby Bok Choy, Red Pepper and Carrots in a Sesame Ginger Dressing
Sushi & Sashimi
Shrimp, Salmon, Tuna, California Rolls and Vegetable Rolls
Served with Wasabi, Soy Sauce & Pickled Ginger
Stir Fried to Order
Peanut Chicken and Jasmine Rice
Stir Fried Chicken and Asian Vegetables Tossed in a Thai Peanut Sauce
Pork Pot Stickers and Spicy Garlic
Soy Sauce

Mediterranean Station
Greek Salad
Built to Order
Gyros and Lamb Slouvaki
Gyros and Lamb Slouvaki, Feta, Tzatziki, lettuce, Tomatoes and Black Olives
On Rosemary Grilled Flat Bread

Italian Station
Cesar Salad
Pasta to Order
You’re Choice of Penne Al Vodka or Fettuccini Alfredo
Served with Garlic Toasted Breadsticks, Crushed Red Pepper and Shaved Asiago Cheese
Parmesan Crusted Breast of Chicken Glazed with a Mushroom Marsala Cream

The next thing to arrive was the BUDGET!!!
Wow did we go over board on floral things! We ended up cutting a bunch of things out like candelabbras, and extra linens, and charger plates ect... we tried not to cut anything the guests would miss. So things like the awesome food, drinks, dessert party, the motor coaches we left in.
Although we did drop the dessert party menue down to the old world minitures but we are thinking of adding the fondue to it. We also added a few items to cocktail hour and Major Domo because our planner had forgoten to include him.

But we left in some really cool things like the flower wands I got for my bridesmaids: they will have 6 pink roses and crystals
DSC02536.jpg

DSC02535.jpg

More to come!:yay:

So I picked out the flower girls dresses and they are all ordered already:
361_7045_large.jpg

I purchased all the bridesmaids tiaras so everyone can feel like a princess because lets face it, there's no better place to be one, and not too many places find it accepable to walk around with a tiara but Disney sure does!

6P201H.jpg

I picked my hair style out and had my first trial run, it will be something like this:

hair2.jpg

And we sent our invites out which was a HUGE ordeal!!My mother saw those cards in Hallmark that play music and found one that plays the wedding march and was obsessed with figuring out how to get our invites so they would play music when they were opened.

We ended up purchasing 125 hallmark card directly from them and cutting out the music mechanisum and gluing them into our intives. it was A LOT of work! but well worth it!!!! the responce from everyone has been amazing and RSVPS are pouring in!

DSC02588-1.jpg

DSC02589-1.jpg

DSC02594-1.jpg

We've also purchased our favors. Photo albums that hold 100 pictures. We want to set up a photo exchaged web site somehow, still haven't worked the detail out, and allow everyone wo post their pictures from the whole trip. This way it would help people to fill their albums.
7T000C.jpg

Also one of the biggest things we cut from our budget was these small vellum cones filled with lilly of the valley they were going to be $350 each. we wanted them to hang on the pews. I decided to make them for $80 for all 12
DSC02597.jpg
fake flowers ofcourse!

Brian got his tux picked out from Carollallens
DSC02486.jpg

And lots of other things to come like bridal party gifts!:banana:

Wow, everything looks fantastic! I love the flower wands and the musical invitations are such a unique idea! The food sounds delicious too...the slipper looks great. I can't wait to read more!

Oh my, your buffet menu has me drooling!! It's wonderful that the chef is able to put that together for you. If you don't mind, about how much is it costing altogether to have stations from so many different countries?

And your invitations are gorgeous. What a cute idea to put the music gadgets inside!

It sounds like your wedding is going to be amazing, and I can't wait to read more! :yay:

Wow, it's so exciting to read all your updates :cool1:

The food sounds fantastic; we also had to make some cuts once we got the initial budget. I love the floral wands, we're getting one for our flowergirl and they are so cute. I've seen other weddings where they have used them for the bridesmaids too and it's such a great touch.

The music in the invitations sounds amazing! I can't imagine how much work that must have been; did Hallmark allow you to order them direct? I hope you have a Gold Crown card to get the reward vouchers back from Hallmark; that would be a nice bonus :wizard:

that music invitation is fantastic! what a great idea! i wonder if i could do that for my thank you notes...

our menu's are similar, though yours is a lot bigger! i'm doing the pasta station and mashed potato martini's as well! i'll post pics when i get back in 2 weeks so you can see how they look!

i also got the rose wands for my sisters, i'm excited about them because they're so different. i bought something for them to decorate them with as well!!!

Okay... so I'm jealous! Reading your PJ makes me hungry and excited. I'm jealous because you my dear, have your crap together! Good job. Anyway, I'm curious about your vellum cones. How did you make them? I've been trying to figure out a way to do that so any help would be much appreciated. I'm not too crafty so if you can be specific about the type of paper and sizes - that would be wonderful!!!

I love your PJ and can't wait til you post pics of your wedding. I'm doing ADH too so I'm looking forward to yours for inspiration! (Although by the time you're done with your honeymoon, my wedding will be right around the corner!)

I just wanted to stop by and say I love all your plans so far! I got my dress from allure too! I love their dresses! Your menu sounds amazing!! Such a good idea for the invitations! Can't wait to read more!

Your invites sound so cool! I'm sure it was quite an ordeal getting those music players in, but well worth it I imagine!

I love your flowergirl dress! That is adorable. She will love having a flower wand.

I can't get over your menu! That sounds fantastic. I like the idea of having foods from around the world.

I also like your vellum flower cone. It's even better that you are able to make them yourself at a fraction of the cost!

Looking forward to reading more about your plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter